Windows 10: The taskbar goes behind the other windows when Auto hide is activated. Changed the windows,...

Discus and support The taskbar goes behind the other windows when Auto hide is activated. Changed the windows,... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Setrik_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yxmxin/the_taskbar_goes_behind_the_other_windows_when/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Setrik_, Nov 17, 2022.

1. The taskbar goes behind the other windows when Auto hide is activated. Changed the windows,...

/u/Setrik_, Nov 17, 2022

2. Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 17, 2022
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 17, 2022
  4. The taskbar goes behind the other windows when Auto hide is activated. Changed the windows,...

Auto hide taskbar not working

I know how to 'auto-hide'!

IT IS NOT WORKING - the frustrating thing is that this is a known problem and is not being addressed. It may appear to be a small matter but it is not. Wherever the taskbar is situated (top, bottom, either side) it covers part of the screen and is TOTALLY
    annoying!!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX IT and help us all.

SueDavies2404, Nov 17, 2022
Thema:

The taskbar goes behind the other windows when Auto hide is activated. Changed the windows,...

1. The taskbar goes behind the other windows when Auto hide is activated. Changed the windows,... - Similar Threads - taskbar goes behind

2. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs: Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar...
  3. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs: Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar...
  4. The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled

The placement of the desktop icon changes when the auto hide taskbar is enabled: So for some reason when I enable my auto-hide taskbar it just changes the placement of my desktop apps and foldersis this a new windows update with new profiles of taskbarregards MaskedCoder...
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled: I've just installed the WIN11 update in my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and I'm used to keep the taskbar hidden, only showing up when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. One of the most automatic movements I make is to move the cursor directly to the right bottom to check...
  6. Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled

Windows 11 Taskbar when auto hide is enabled: I've just installed the WIN11 update in my Acer Aspire 5 laptop and I'm used to keep the taskbar hidden, only showing up when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. One of the most automatic movements I make is to move the cursor directly to the right bottom to check...
  7. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  8. auto hide taskbar when viewing movies

in Windows 10 Support
    auto hide taskbar when viewing movies: how do i tell the task bar that yes you are very useful but go away when i am watching a movie (that is avi and on the laptop) also sometimes there is a clearish thing on the bottom of the screen, with controls, when watching a movie. As there is print i need to read at the...
  9. Windows taskbar not auto-hiding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows taskbar not auto-hiding: I've been running Win10 Pro for a month or so. For some reason my task bar will not auto hide when not in use. I have it set up correct;y, it just doesn't hide. I've seen a thread or two on different forums that the notification area was the problem. Does anyone have a...
  10. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351