Windows 10: The taskbar is blank

Discus and support The taskbar is blank in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The information that's here, didn't helped me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bra Torr, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Bra Torr Win User

The taskbar is blank

The information that's here, didn't helped me.

:)

Bra Torr, Jan 18, 2023

2. Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 18, 2023
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 18, 2023
  4. jackin Win User

The taskbar is blank

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

The taskbar is blank 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

The taskbar is blank

1. The taskbar is blank - Similar Threads - taskbar blank

2. After update KB5036893 taskbar is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update KB5036893 taskbar is blank: April 13 KB5036893 installed and upon restart the taskbar was blank. I was able to use rstrui to restrore a previous system. But, concerned for future updates I contacted Microsoft and a technician took over my computer and one thing he did was update the BIOS I have an HP...
  3. After update KB5036893 taskbar is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update KB5036893 taskbar is blank: April 13 KB5036893 installed and upon restart the taskbar was blank. I was able to use rstrui to restrore a previous system. But, concerned for future updates I contacted Microsoft and a technician took over my computer and one thing he did was update the BIOS I have an HP...
  4. Windows 11 Taskbar Blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Blank: I now have three people who, after an update have missing Windows taskbar's. Actually I should say that their taskbar is a light gray with no icon's. They do get the little carrot menu showing some running background programs but also right clicking on the desktop doesnt...
  5. Windows 11 Taskbar Blank

Windows 11 Taskbar Blank: I now have three people who, after an update have missing Windows taskbar's. Actually I should say that their taskbar is a light gray with no icon's. They do get the little carrot menu showing some running background programs but also right clicking on the desktop doesnt...
  6. windows 11 blank taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 blank taskbar: running windows 11 21h2 ver 22000.2538 my taskbar is blankhow can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-blank-taskbar/55cbb36f-656f-42ce-886a-54c6ba0eca9c
  7. windows 11 blank taskbar

windows 11 blank taskbar: running windows 11 21h2 ver 22000.2538 my taskbar is blankhow can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-blank-taskbar/55cbb36f-656f-42ce-886a-54c6ba0eca9c
  8. Taskbar and Settings Windows Update Tab Are Blank Windows 10

Taskbar and Settings Windows Update Tab Are Blank Windows 10: When I boot up my PC the taskbar is blank. It didn't show any of my shortcuts or the time but it still shows the windows icon and search. I couldn't use any windows key shortcuts, but manually opening apps still worked but the icon to show it was open was not on the taskbar...
  9. Taskbar and Settings Windows Update Tab Are Blank Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Settings Windows Update Tab Are Blank Windows 10: When I boot up my PC the taskbar is blank. It didn't show any of my shortcuts or the time but it still shows the windows icon and search. I couldn't use any windows key shortcuts, but manually opening apps still worked but the icon to show it was open was not on the taskbar...
  10. Taskbar and Settings Windows Update Tab Are Blank Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade