Windows 10: The Taskbar is broken

Discus and support The Taskbar is broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the last few weeks my taskbar in Windows 10 has been quite broken. First of all the taskbar itself takes about 5-10 minutes to load when Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sacredbanana, Jan 3, 2017.

1. The Taskbar is broken

For the last few weeks my taskbar in Windows 10 has been quite broken. First of all the taskbar itself takes about 5-10 minutes to load when Windows first boots up. What I mean by that is I can't click on the start button or anything else and when the mouse cursor hovers over the taskbar the cursor turns into the busy icon indicating it's loading. When the taskbar finally finishes loading everything is clickable but nothing accepts keyboard input. I can't type anything in the "Ask me anything" Cortana bar. If I click the start button I can't even begin typing in there to search for an app... it's ignoring all keyboard key presses. What's more, if I click on a wifi network to connect to, the password field doesn't accept my keyboard presses either so literally the only way to enter a wifi password is to type it in Notepad or something and then copy and paste it in the wifi password field using my mouse. Also the volume and power icons have vanished and when I try to enable them in the taskbar system icon settings, I see that both volume and power are greyed out and permanently disabled so I can't turn them on. I will show this in this screenshot:

The Taskbar is broken [​IMG]

I have performed a system file check and it found no issues. I even tried installing the latest windows insider build just to see if that fixed it but it didn't.

I appreciate anyone shedding light on this issue. Thank you.

:)

sacredbanana, Jan 3, 2017
  2. Drew1903 Win User

Taskbar broken

Please do a Sys Restore and report back. Thank you. Pick a date when the taskbar was ok.

NB: That's System Restore... am not talking Reset of any kind.

Cheers,

Drew

The Taskbar is broken [​IMG]

Drew1903, Jan 3, 2017
  3. Taskbar broken

All my icons on the taskbar have disappeared. The clock and date no longer show. I can click on task view and it will work. Cortana and the Windows button i can highlight but they will not open. Minimizing any tabs results in that program disappearing into
    the "void" of the taskbar.

I have gone into task manager and restart windows explorer tasks but to no avail.

Occasionally, task manager will crash upon opening.

I have ran multiple scans on 2 anti-virus softwars and have found nothing.

Please help!

ChadHanlon, Jan 3, 2017
  4. The Taskbar is broken

I'm not sure if this matters but my machine is a MacBook Pro 2016 model running with Bootcamp.

sacredbanana, Jan 4, 2017
Thema:

The Taskbar is broken

1. The Taskbar is broken - Similar Threads - Taskbar broken

2. Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable: Hi Microsoft,So I've been running into a bizarre problem with my iBuyPower computer where everything on Windows 11 loads perfectly fine except for the taskbar, which is invisible. If you click it, the taskbar turns black and tries to load. Sometimes it works, other times it...
  3. Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Broken, Background Disappears, Monitors Turn Off; SSD Suddenly Unusable: Hi Microsoft,So I've been running into a bizarre problem with my iBuyPower computer where everything on Windows 11 loads perfectly fine except for the taskbar, which is invisible. If you click it, the taskbar turns black and tries to load. Sometimes it works, other times it...
  4. Sometimes, the taskbar will be broken/hang after logging out and logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes, the taskbar will be broken/hang after logging out and logging in: Please see the attached picture and you can see what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-the-taskbar-will-be-brokenhang-after/a9ad73af-2cec-48bb-b234-9dac8223e3f1
  5. Sometimes, the taskbar will be broken/hang after logging out and logging in

Sometimes, the taskbar will be broken/hang after logging out and logging in: Please see the attached picture and you can see what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-the-taskbar-will-be-brokenhang-after/a9ad73af-2cec-48bb-b234-9dac8223e3f1
  6. My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything: My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything, and i need to fix it right nowdo not reinstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-is-broken-it-doesnt-show-anything/ea5ddd9d-c91b-4044-965e-621fad872399
  7. My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything

My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything: My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything, and i need to fix it right nowdo not reinstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-is-broken-it-doesnt-show-anything/ea5ddd9d-c91b-4044-965e-621fad872399
  8. My taskbar is broken, it doesn't show anything

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Taskbar is broken after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is broken after restarting: Ok, bear with me. Recently, I’m having issues with the task bar that wasn’t responding. Probably this issue occurred when i accidentally click the update driver to HP Firmware Pack AMD Processors from HP Support Assistant, and i click the cancel button abruptly while it’s...
  10. Taskbar is broken after restarting

Taskbar is broken after restarting: Ok, bear with me. Recently, I’m having issues with the task bar that wasn’t responding. Probably this issue occurred when i accidentally click the update driver to HP Firmware Pack AMD Processors from HP Support Assistant, and i click the cancel button abruptly while it’s...