Windows 10: The taskbar makes me want to rip my hair out

Discus and support The taskbar makes me want to rip my hair out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Windows10 taskbar is CONSTANTLY changing, it's not normal. I'll be using my computer and the taskbar will suddenly be on the top or the right hand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PurrBoss, Mar 24, 2020.

1. The taskbar makes me want to rip my hair out

My Windows10 taskbar is CONSTANTLY changing, it's not normal. I'll be using my computer and the taskbar will suddenly be on the top or the right hand side of the screen, even though I have it set to be on the bottom. And sometimes, it will lock instead of auto-hiding, then I have to restart my computer to make it auto-hide again. And today, right when I had a timed exam online, the clock and calendar vanished! I went into settings and turned the clock icon on and off and every other setting I could find, but to no avail. Also, when I click on that arrow ^ to the far right, nothing even pops up, so it makes it harder to try and fix my issues. And one final weird issue is that the WiFi icon used to be the bars symbol, but now it's a plane, even though I'm not in airplane mode and I never changed it. My taskbar acts screwy almost every day, but today is the worst.

submitted by /u/PurrBoss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PurrBoss, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Media Player does not have a RIP button. I've tried all the previously posted solutions but none have worked.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

• Which version of Windows Media Player are you using?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to find the rip music option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Windows media player” and click on “organize” button.
    • Go to “options” and click on “rip music”.
    • If you want to rip the music “automatically”, please select the box “Rip CD automatically” and click on
      apply.
    • If you don’t need rip music automatically you can make the changes accordingly and check.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 24, 2020
  4. The taskbar makes me want to rip my hair out

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

The taskbar makes me want to rip my hair out

1. The taskbar makes me want to rip my hair out - Similar Threads - taskbar makes rip

2. Tearing my hair out with file manager.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tearing my hair out with file manager.: Tearing my hair out with file manager. I am trying to just simply copy a list of file names from one folder in windows10 file manager to either word or excel or even notepad. I have tried eveything that I've read and am not able to do this. CTRLA, CtrlC, Ctrl V does not work....
  3. Tearing my hair out with file manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tearing my hair out with file manager.: Tearing my hair out with file manager. I am trying to just simply copy a list of file names from one folder in windows10 file manager to either word or excel or even notepad. I have tried eveything that I've read and am not able to do this. CTRLA, CtrlC, Ctrl V does not work....
  4. Word 2021 Has Me Pulling My Hair Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word 2021 Has Me Pulling My Hair Out: The problem lies at the bottom of a page, where it says accesibility: investigate.When right-clicking the space a window pops up for formatting, line number, page number, etc.IF I can get it to work correctly, when I close Word, reopen, go to Find page, insert number - then,...
  5. pulling my hair out over this one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pulling my hair out over this one: running windows 10 on a vostro 15 3000 with cirrus logic hd audio.no audio output device installed with red x over the speaker icon.disabling and enabling via device manager clears up problem but very temporarily, but beforethe red x appears again the sound becomes distorted...
  6. pulling my hair out over this one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pulling my hair out over this one: running windows 10 on a vostro 15 3000 with cirrus logic hd audio.no audio output device installed with red x over the speaker icon.disabling and enabling via device manager clears up problem but very temporarily, but beforethe red x appears again the sound becomes distorted...
  7. pulling my hair out over this one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Been ripping my hair out trying to delete these two iCloud files that apparently "don't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been ripping my hair out trying to delete these two iCloud files that apparently "don't...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Seauton1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mq87ts/been_ripping_my_hair_out_trying_to_delete_these/
  9. BSoD and other weird crashes are making me want to pull my hair out!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD and other weird crashes are making me want to pull my hair out!!!!: Long story short. Built a new computer. It worked fine for a few weeks and then I started getting BSoDs. Around this time Google Chrome started acting really weird, constantly crashing as well. My Specs: MSI x570 Gaming Edge Wifi Ryzen 5 3600 32 GB Corsair Vengeance...
  10. Pulling my hair out because HP cant help me.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pulling my hair out because HP cant help me.: Hi:. I have spent hours with HP trying to get my touchpad locked and they were no help and couldn't even get a live person. If you like talking to a wall, then that is what VIRTUAL chat is all about. I figure here would be the best way as you can talk to a person or ask...