Windows 10: The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

Discus and support The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some menus on the taskbar. Click the double >> arrow and you get a menu, like in this picture. Sometimes the menu pops up immediately. But other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by margrave55, Aug 15, 2021.

1. The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

I have some menus on the taskbar. Click the double >> arrow and you get a menu, like in this picture. Sometimes the menu pops up immediately. But other times it takes five or ten seconds. Why so slow? FYI: Windows 10/1809, i7-7700K, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM

:)

margrave55, Aug 15, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Aug 15, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

Taskbar not working

Hi Frank,

In addition to Sumit Dhiman suggestion I suggest you to follow the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps

suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

The troubleshooting steps suggested in the link above applies to Taskbar too.

Do let us know if you are able to use Taskbar. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

1. The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes) - Similar Threads - taskbar menu slow

2. Sometimes no start menu/taskbar after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes no start menu/taskbar after login: Every so often - maybe one or two times out of ten - when I power my PC on and login, I have my normal desktop but no start menu and a completely blank taskbar. At this point, if I tap the Windows key on the keyboard, after a second or so the start menu appears and the...
  3. Sometimes no start menu/taskbar after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes no start menu/taskbar after login: Every so often - maybe one or two times out of ten - when I power my PC on and login, I have my normal desktop but no start menu and a completely blank taskbar. At this point, if I tap the Windows key on the keyboard, after a second or so the start menu appears and the...
  4. The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes): I have some menus on the taskbar. Click the double >> arrow and you get a menu, like in this picture. Sometimes the menu pops up immediately. But other times it takes five or ten seconds. Why so slow? FYI: Windows 10/1809, i7-7700K, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM 184113
  5. Computer sometimes gets slow.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer sometimes gets slow.: And by slow I mean it is fucked. Can't open firefox, cant open snipping tool, i couldnt even create a .txt file! etc etc. This is fixed by a simple reboot, with the the power supply switch, because the normal shut down button wont do anything. I will also mention that...
  6. Laptop is sometimes slow and sometimes gets painfully slow and rarely normal and reaches a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is sometimes slow and sometimes gets painfully slow and rarely normal and reaches a...: I gave my ASUS TUF FX504 1TB SSD and 16 GB RAM for servicing twice after I had purchased it in late 2018 September I think. Ever since it was working fine till somewhere in July 2020 a windows update messed it up. My laptop would suddenly have horrible boot time, It would...
  7. Sometimes when booting Windows works slow and Start menu doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes when booting Windows works slow and Start menu doesn't work?: It happens rarely like maybe one time every 10-15 boots and it fixes if I restart the computer but it's getting pretty annoying. Basically sometimes when I boot windows is super laggy and clicking or mashing the start menu key doesn't work to open it submitted by...
  8. taskbar and start menu very slow to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and start menu very slow to open: Does any one have problems with items in taskbar and start menu very slow to open, examples Google Chrome, Opera, email client. It's taking close to a minute for programs to open. I'm running an insider preview. Version 1903, OS build 18965.1000 Wondering if anyone else is...
  9. slow cold boot (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow cold boot (sometimes): Ok, have a Sabertooth x79/3930k and an Intel 750ssd 1.2tb. Sometimes on a cold boot it will take say 15 seconds to load to desktop and sometimes over double that 30 seconds or so. Also it warm boots consistently in the 30 second range. Any help to understand the cold...
  10. Is anyone else's taskbar item menu slow?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is anyone else's taskbar item menu slow?: I'm not sure of the name of this, but when you right click on a program's 'listing' in the taskbar ('Chrome', or a 'This PC' of Explorer) you get a menu (Close window, pin to tastbar etc) - on W7 this was near instant. On W10 on the same machine it takes maybe a second to...