Windows 10: The taskbar on the desktop of my windows 10 PC disappeared.

Discus and support The taskbar on the desktop of my windows 10 PC disappeared. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The taskbar disappeared from the desktop of my Windows 10 PC. I tried everything that was suggested to get it back, all to no avail. Most of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterGabor1, Apr 14, 2019.

1. The taskbar on the desktop of my windows 10 PC disappeared.

The taskbar disappeared from the desktop of my Windows 10 PC. I tried everything that was suggested to get it back, all to no avail. Most of them suggest that I should left click on the taskbar, which is impossible, since it disappeared. Can anybody help me?

:)

PeterGabor1, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Apr 14, 2019
  4. The taskbar on the desktop of my windows 10 PC disappeared.

Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

The taskbar on the desktop of my windows 10 PC disappeared.

1. The taskbar on the desktop of my windows 10 PC disappeared. - Similar Threads - taskbar desktop disappeared

2. Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro: Hi,I have two problems, maybe the problem sources are same.1 The icons I have added to my taskbar are disappearing. For example I have added Excel, Outlook, Word. When I restart the computer, they are not there. However, by searching I find Excel.exe, right click, remove from...
  3. Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons are disappearing, desktop icons losing my arrangement Windows 10 Pro: Hi,I have two problems, maybe the problem sources are same.1 The icons I have added to my taskbar are disappearing. For example I have added Excel, Outlook, Word. When I restart the computer, they are not there. However, by searching I find Excel.exe, right click, remove from...
  4. Desktop icons, background. and taskbar disappear

Desktop icons, background. and taskbar disappear: A coworker is having an issue with their computer and I've been tasked to figure it out, but I don't understand what's happening here.At random times during the day her desktop background, desktop icons, and taskbar disappear and all she can see is a black screen and her...
  5. my windows 10 desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows 10 desktop icons disappeared: how do i get my windows 10 desktop back? it disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-desktop-icons-disappeared/60b0c502-7ec7-4899-b323-ff775e298288
  6. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared: So I started up my computer today and I noticed that all of the icons for my apps where missing on my desktop, and on my taskbar it just showed a generic image, except for mail which is showing just fine. I can still access all of the apps, and when I load up discord the...
  7. My desktop has disappeared on my PC

My desktop has disappeared on my PC: My desktop has stopped loading when i open my laptop. Instead the Microsoft/Windows app page loads. No success at all trying to get help from Microsoft, or my PC support...
  8. Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared): Hi everyone, Yesterday I turned on my laptop and all I could see is a black screen. I searched the internet and tried creating "explorer.exe" task using Task Manager. Turns out it doesn't work in my case. All I could see after creating the task was an even more annoying...
  9. Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared

Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared: All Desktop Icons & Taskbar Icons have disappeared. Why & how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-taskbar-icons-have-disappeared/77766c8c-93a0-4e51-915c-75eb1d81c959
  10. Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Taskbar is an integral part of the Windows desktop. It has been there since the release of Windows 1.0. Microsoft has been modifying it with a new design and making it a home for new features like Task View, [...] This post Taskbar has disappeared from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my i con are gone on my desk top and taskbar