Windows 10: The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is...

Discus and support The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So basically my PC runs fine, i can use anything apart from the above, but it’s driving me crazy, i’ve been trying everything i find for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ramzy70, Jun 5, 2023.

1. The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is...

The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is... NWNwZm82ZzdxODRiMQ6lqHfeds0iZGz4kkcpDvVRYavTzzKyp5iIsH5KP1lt.png

So basically my PC runs fine, i can use anything apart from the above, but it’s driving me crazy, i’ve been trying everything i find for the past 2 days, like (Dism online…or sfc/scannow) or restaring explorer, i tried some others i find here (https://youtu.be/AS6KIOFI6g4) but nothing worked, so if you have any solution, advice, please let me know i would be very appreciative. Please note that i have a i5 7300hq processor that is not compatible with windows 11, and i don’t want to format/reset my pc.

submitted by /u/Ramzy70
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ramzy70, Jun 5, 2023

2. Windows 10 Photos app doesn't run.

Hi,

Incompatible software installed in your PC can conflict with Windows apps and cause performance issues. We can suggest several troubleshooting steps to isolate and resolve the issue. As an initial recommendation, you can run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    . This will identify the cause of the issue and provide you further suggestions for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall the Photos app and reinstall it by doing the steps below:

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box at the taksbar.
    • In the search results, right click on Windows PowerShell and
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Powershell prompt, type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
    • Press Enter.
    • Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the app from this
      link

Let us know if the suggestions above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 5, 2023
  3. Chris8875 Win User
    Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

OK, so I've tried both suggestions above from Brink

The first one: Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - zoomed through as per the pictures shown in the link. Got to the end, showed this screen

The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is... 87376d1485968627t-loss-store-calculator-people-app-photo-app-windows-10-a-screenshot-4-.png

Went back, tried to open the apps in question - no change.

Second option - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - I went to the site as directed, downloaded the link to the app, hit YES at the UAC and it didn't do any updating at all. It came up immediately that my copy of Windows was up to date and directed me to exit. No change, nothing fixed.

However, I have taken a second screenshot as below. You'll see on the left in the apps list there's a whole heap of apps which don't work (under my profile, no-one elses) listed under "Other" with codes and what seem to be error messages beside them (they look like package IDs to me, but anyway) . You'll also notice in looking at the tile for the store that there is a code on it which also appears when I endeavour to launch the app.

App then crashes. Similar story with all the other apps.

The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is... 87377d1485968627t-loss-store-calculator-people-app-photo-app-windows-10-a-screenshot-7-.png

I'm at a loss to be honest. I thought the second option would work, but it actually downloads nothing at all (maybe the link has changed, I don't know).

Do these screenshots offer any insights?

Thanks so much.

Chris8875, Jun 5, 2023
  4. The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is...

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is...

1. The taskbar, the settings, the RUN app, or any other windows app(photos, calculator..) is... - Similar Threads - taskbar settings RUN

2. windows taskbar photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows taskbar photos app: When i click on the close button the photos app wont closehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZJbj6MBO7G0Hd3ShEFgqn_CpMzYwyC3b/view?usp=sharinghere is the link of the video of the bug...
  3. windows taskbar photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows taskbar photos app: When i click on the close button the photos app wont closehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZJbj6MBO7G0Hd3ShEFgqn_CpMzYwyC3b/view?usp=sharinghere is the link of the video of the bug...
  4. Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11

Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11: I didn't have these available to me in Windows 10 now on Windows 11 they are still not available tried using PowerShell to uninstall/reinstall it's not working. Unable to download from Windows Store can anybody help...
  5. Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11: I didn't have these available to me in Windows 10 now on Windows 11 they are still not available tried using PowerShell to uninstall/reinstall it's not working. Unable to download from Windows Store can anybody help...
  6. Calculator and Photo Apps

Calculator and Photo Apps: Is anyone else having issues with the Photos and Calculator apps not operating? Each time I start up both my Pc and my laptop neither app works, I just get a Windows error message. I have to go into each of the app settings and terminate it, reset it then repair it for them...
  7. Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing

Windows 10 Calculator and other UWP apps crashing: Currently having an issue when I launch either Calculator or the Photos app the only apps I really use on Windows 10 it crashes and force closes immediately. I tried resetting, reinstalling the apps using powershell commands following this guide here but to no avail. Also...
  8. Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working: This error keeps showing up when i open calculator or photos. It says they've been updating but this happened 2 weeks ago and it still happens. I tried checking for updates but nothing happened. How can i fix it?[ATTACH]...
  9. Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10

Loss of Store, Calculator, People App, Photo App in Windows 10: Hi there - I'm using a Surface 2 Pro running Windows 10 and noticed yesterday that a number of apps are simply not working when I log in using my profile (I am the user administrator on the machine, there are three other normal user accounts - family members) The apps that...
  10. Calculator and other app issues

Calculator and other app issues: I recently had an update installed on my laptop for windows 10 before the update I could open up my calculator app and other apps with no issue now that the update is installed I get the error message shown here Screenshot for multiple apps, I browsed the forums and found a...