Windows 10: The Taskbar will NOT Stay Put!

Discus and support The Taskbar will NOT Stay Put! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HELP!?? NO forum question on this I can find, so here goes.... I have recently acquired a third monitor for editing AND gaming. I run 3 28"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Blarney77, May 23, 2020.

1. Blarney77 Win User

The Taskbar will NOT Stay Put!

HELP!?? NO forum question on this I can find, so here goes....

I have recently acquired a third monitor for editing AND gaming. I run 3 28" monitors in 7680x1440 using Nvidia Control Panel.

Home Build System in huge full tower.

Running ASUS DUAL RTX-2070 GPU

ASUS Prime X470 MB with 32G Crucial Ballistix ram.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3.5ghz. Various HDs. Windows off a M.2 SSD

Two Samsung 4K monitors at 2K Display Port and a BenQ at 2K on HDMI

Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18363.836

Normally everything works pretty cool except that some games have issues with the really wide screen format, but that's another issue.

ISSUE: THE TASKBAR IS OFTEN IN THE WRONG PLACE WHEN I BOOT UP!

It even moves at times if I change resolution or turn on the Surround screen format, which is not often. But at times in evaluating what works best with different screen settings it screws up, but then I kinda expect that. Still, I have been using the 7680x1440 for weeks and the task bar is usually at the top of the center monitor when I start when I want it at the bottom, set it thereAND LOCK IT THERE!

At times I boot up and it's set to the right OR left side, but mostly find it has moved to the top. Now of course it;s easy to unlock and move and lock it back. Often it stays there on a restart, Not Always, usually moves after I have SHUT DOWN.

I have looked for any posts anywhere about this but I'm doing stuff most tech people I know do not do, and no one else posting about this.

WHY does the task bar move around when it;s locked?

When I am running three separate 2560x1440 screens the Taskbar stays at the bottom where I want it. At the bottom across all three

I typically have several taskbar apps related to ASUS drivers, Nvidia Control Panel, AVAST Premium, and Rainmeter apps. Everything else stays in place as long as I don't mess with resolutions. But the Taskbar will at times not play nice and stay put!

Hope I put more than enough tech info on when I'm running to clue something in? Likely too much? heh heh...

Other info if needed on request. BTW, I have gone the three monitors wrapped around because for medical reasons I cannot do VR. So the wide wrapped screens are great for video editing, music editing, and games Like Elite Dangerous in a very wide format that run great this way. Next best thing to VR! AND my budget found this easier too

:)

Blarney77, May 23, 2020
  2. ITshadow Win User

ThrottleStop 8.60 Stays in Taskbar

Hello!

I have an issue with ThrottleStop 8.60 (And 8.50U) staying in the taskbar when minimizing and not going to the notification area. The notification icon is there but it is always in the taskbar too. If I check 'Minimize on Close it still stays in the taskbar. Is this a bug or does anyone know how to get it off my taskbar and only in the notification bar?

Thanks!!!

ITshadow, May 23, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 23, 2020
  4. Albeeone Win User

OneDrive files won't stay pinned to taskbar

If a pin an excel files that is saved in my OneDrive folder to the pinned excel files list in the taskbar, once I open that file it disappears from the pinned list. This only happens with files saved in the OneDrive folder. Any files saved in my documents
    remain pinned to the taskbar. How can I get the OneDrive files to stay pinned? They stayed pinned before but just started disappearing this last week.

Albeeone, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. The Taskbar will NOT Stay Put! - Similar Threads - Taskbar Stay Put

2. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  3. Taskbar stays on light theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar stays on light theme: As you can see, I actually use the dark theme, but the taskbar somehow doesn't change to the dark theme too. Is this a bug? because before I updated to this version of windows 11 it was okay. I've tried to check for updates again but, it says that I'm up to date.Edition...
  4. Taskbar won’t stay away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won’t stay away: I’ve been having this issue and I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere. When I am in fullscreen watching a video the taskbar is hidden but at some point during the video the task bar reappears and I am clicked into another tab on my laptop. I haven’t been able to find any...
  5. PC stays on when I put it into Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC stays on when I put it into Hibernate: Hey all I'm having an issue with my desktop PC. I put it into hibernate but instead of turning off, it turns off my peripherals and the computer stays on. It stays on and won't let me use the keyboard/mouse to do anything, to which I then have to power it off by pressing...
  6. taskbar not staying locked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar not staying locked.: I have the Lock the taskbar and hide the taskbar checked. Many times when I wake my Windows 10 laptop from sleep. the taskbar is double or even sometimes triple the height it should be. I Need to unlock the taskbar, drag it down to the one icon tall size, and Lock the Taskbar...
  7. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  8. Desktop Icons won't stay put...

Desktop Icons won't stay put...: Good day, everyone. I'm having a very unique issue, at least, to me, with my Windows 10 machine. I have Win 10 Pro and my desktop will flash for a split second and all my icons will have moved to wherever they wish to be. I spend more time re-organizing my desktop than I do...
  9. EDGE won't stay put..

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE won't stay put..: A new anomaly with Edge. I use a 24 inch monitor and most time have two browsers open. I drag the edges of both so that I have them side by side (as in pic 1). I close them and then open them again later and Edge is in a different place (as in pic 2). Firefox always remembers...
  10. windows won't stay put

in Windows 10 Support
    windows won't stay put: I guess I'm a little OCD but I like to center the windows, like control panel, personalization my pc etc. Everytime I get them perfectly centered on the desktop when I close the windows and reopen them, they're not centered. In W7 or W8.1 they stay locked in position. Is...