Windows 10: The "This PC" icon disappeared, and I fixed it, by why did it happen?

Discus and support The "This PC" icon disappeared, and I fixed it, by why did it happen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The "This PC" icon on my desktop disappeared. I know how to fix it, and I did, but my question is why does that happen? I haven't done anything unusual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rotwang, Jan 31, 2018.

1. rotwang Win User

The "This PC" icon disappeared, and I fixed it, by why did it happen?

The "This PC" icon on my desktop disappeared. I know how to fix it, and I did, but my question is why does that happen? I haven't done anything unusual lately. So I'm worried it's either the hard drive beginning to fail or a virus.

I have automatic updates turned off, so it's not a bug in a new patch.

What are some possible reasons that might happen?

(I'm a developer, so no problem to talk in arcane terms.)

:)

rotwang, Jan 31, 2018

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Jan 31, 2018
  3. okinawa---01, Jan 31, 2018
  4. hiphopper Win User

Most likely thing is you had the icon selected and accidentally hit the delete key which sent it to the trash can.

A faulty disk drive is unlikely to have an effect on that icon since it acts as a meta folder for all devices drives and folders.

hiphopper, Jan 31, 2018
  5. rotwang Win User
    Yea that was my first thought as well, but I tested that- it throws a dialog to confirm. (try it too)

"Are you sure you want to delete the This PC icon from your desktop?"

Yea that my first thought too....

ug so what else could it be?

rotwang, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. The "This PC" icon disappeared, and I fixed it, by why did it happen? - Similar Threads - icon disappeared fixed

2. Why did my wifi button disappear and how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my wifi button disappear and how do I fix it?: Hello, So I was using my Windows 11 computer just fine a couple hours ago. I closed it, walked ten minutes to a cafe, opened it again, and the wifi/network button had seemingly disappeared. I just tried to upload a photo from my phone of what it looks like here but it won’t...
  3. Why did my wifi button disappear and how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my wifi button disappear and how do I fix it?: Hello, So I was using my Windows 11 computer just fine a couple hours ago. I closed it, walked ten minutes to a cafe, opened it again, and the wifi/network button had seemingly disappeared. I just tried to upload a photo from my phone of what it looks like here but it won’t...
  4. why did my widget icon disappear?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did my widget icon disappear?: I have no idea where it when or exactly when it vanished. It was there when I started up my computer, but an hour later when I moved the cursor in the direction it was gone....
  5. why did my widget icon disappear?

why did my widget icon disappear?: I have no idea where it when or exactly when it vanished. It was there when I started up my computer, but an hour later when I moved the cursor in the direction it was gone....
  6. Why did this happen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did this happen?: I downloaded Windows 11 from a USB Flash drive. All was well, I installed drivers from ASUS & restarted my device it was a success. I download a GPU driver from AMD that was for Windows 11 & restarted as instructed. When it restarted it said failed to start. Restarts itself &...
  7. Why did this happen?

Why did this happen?: I downloaded Windows 11 from a USB Flash drive. All was well, I installed drivers from ASUS & restarted my device it was a success. I download a GPU driver from AMD that was for Windows 11 & restarted as instructed. When it restarted it said failed to start. Restarts itself &...
  8. Why did this happen? How do i fix it?? Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did this happen? How do i fix it?? Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FlatulentSon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jur7gj/why_did_this_happen_how_do_i_fix_it_please_help/
  9. Why did this happen

Why did this happen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/carter_best1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hw89pf/why_did_this_happen/
  10. Any idea why did this happen or how do i fix it?

Any idea why did this happen or how do i fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/santsallka [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwkv0f/any_idea_why_did_this_happen_or_how_do_i_fix_it/