Windows 10: The thumbnails under Chrome's search space are back

Discus and support The thumbnails under Chrome's search space are back in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A few years ago I stopped Chrome from displaying the sits visited in thumbnails under the search space. Something happened and now they are back, I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Eaglepi Win User

The thumbnails under Chrome's search space are back

A few years ago I stopped Chrome from displaying the sits visited in thumbnails under the search space. Something happened and now they are back, I know I can click the three dots and delete each one but I want to stop Chrome from saving them. I can't find how I fixed that way back then but would appreciate if someone could help me do it again ***UPDATE*** I found how to disable the thumbnails, Chrome now has a customize button on the bottom right side of the main window if you click on it one of the option is turn off or disable thumbnails

:)

Eaglepi, Jul 9, 2021
  2. paulaE. Win User

search bar imssing in chrome, thumbnails imssing, hyahoo is doing the search. i can't edit settings

i'm unable to reset chrome as my search engine. yahoo shows up and i removed it from the list in settings. I'm unable to get into the msn mail. i don't want to reset chrome to default. please help

also search bar in start up page is missing as are my original thumbnails. i don't have viruses

thanks

Paula

paulaE., Jul 9, 2021
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jul 9, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

File Explorer Thumbnail Preview Spacing

@Steve C Hi, I looked at that, but it doesn't seem to be for file explorer... could you post a screenshot of what you're suggesting please? Perhaps you have a later version..

It does actually change the spacing between icons for both the desktop and thumbnail views of a folder.

The thumbnails under Chrome's search space are back [​IMG]

At 50:

At 75:

(Compare vs text on left).

dalchina, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. The thumbnails under Chrome's search space are back - Similar Threads - thumbnails under Chrome's

2. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search: I can't see the thumbnails of most apps in Search. Here are a few screenshots.In recent apps:In Search itself:All the affected apps are from the Microsoft Store, which I think is interesting...
  3. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search: I can't see the thumbnails of most apps in Search. Here are a few screenshots.In recent apps:In Search itself:All the affected apps are from the Microsoft Store, which I think is interesting...
  4. Thumbnails of apps not showing in Search

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Search Thumbnail not showing

in Cortana
    Windows Search Thumbnail not showing: Hi, recently when I search in start menu, almost all of thumbnails will show as a I thought this will fix soon but still after a week it doesn't. any help? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Office appsexcluding Outlook and Edge shows, but apps like Weather, Calendar doesn't...
  6. File Explorer Thumbnail Preview Spacing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Thumbnail Preview Spacing: Greetings, I've recently switched from Windows 7 to 10 and I've noticed a behavior that I was curious about. If possible, I'd like to remedy it, but Google searching doesn't really yield any meaningful results. Here's the issue I'm seeing. If I set Windows to show thumbnail...
  7. search bar imssing in chrome, thumbnails imssing, hyahoo is doing the search. i can't edit...

in Windows 10 Customization
    search bar imssing in chrome, thumbnails imssing, hyahoo is doing the search. i can't edit...: i'm unable to reset chrome as my search engine. yahoo shows up and i removed it from the list in settings. I'm unable to get into the msn mail. i don't want to reset chrome to default. please help also search bar in start up page is missing as are my original thumbnails. i...
  8. chrome thumbnails missing and search bar in the middle of the chrome home page missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chrome thumbnails missing and search bar in the middle of the chrome home page missing: after resetting my default search engine i have yahoo iconin the search bar and these things missing on my home page. please don't tell me to go to chrome support because they are not helpful. they either don't answer or cn't follow the question. i have windows 10 and I will...
  9. Google Chrome: My Thumbnails Disappeared??

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: My Thumbnails Disappeared??: My frequent website thumbnails on my Google Home page have all disappeared. I had about a dozen of them and this morning when I logged on to my PC and opened Google I noticed I just has a blank Google page with the usual Search Bar and that's all. The Internet works fine...
  10. Search result thumbnails issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Search result thumbnails issue: Before updating to the windows 10 anniversary, The search result would displayed in a versatile shape, By that I mean in some folders I would have the search result to display in detail mode and in some folders in big thumbnail mode, and the next time I would run the search...