Windows 10: The Time is wrong after reboot Win11

Discus and support The Time is wrong after reboot Win11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I start my PC the time shown is wrong by 1 hour. If i tell windows to synchronize the clock, then it adjusts to the correct time. but having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Redhonu, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Redhonu Win User

The Time is wrong after reboot Win11

Every time I start my PC the time shown is wrong by 1 hour. If i tell windows to synchronize the clock, then it adjusts to the correct time. but having to do so is annoying. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

Redhonu, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. As you have mentioned that the Windows Time Service is set to Manual and sometimes is switched off, I suspect this could be an issue with the Windows Time Service. I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-register Windows Time DLL file

I suggest you to try re-registering the Windows Time dll file and check if that helps in resolving the issue:

1. Type Command Prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type regsvr32 w32time.dll and hit
      Enter.
    This will re-register the dll files for Windows Time service and will help you sync the time.

Method 2: Re-register Windows Time process

The Windows Time file (W32tm.exe) is used to configure the Windows time service settings. Re-registering the service will run the time service as a service and adds the default configuration to the registry.

Taskbar.
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following commands one-by-one and hit
      Enter
      :
    • net stop w32time
    • w32tm /unregister
    • w32tm /register

Method 3: Sync Time using command prompt

You can use command prompt to sync Windows time. Follow the steps mentioned below:

Taskbar.
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following commands one-by-one and hit
      Enter
      :
    • net stop w32time
    • w32tm /unregister
    • w32tm /register
    • net start w32time
    • w32tm /resync

If the issue persists, you may have to check the CMOS battery, which is responsible to store the Time. As you have mentioned that you bought a new laptop, I wonder it could be under warranty, so I suggest you to get in touch with the manufacturer of
    the computer or place of purchase and get the battery replaced.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    Windows time is wrong

Hi,

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows+X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • On the left hand side click on Clock, Language and Region.
    • Click on Change time zone.
    • And then click on the tab Internet Time and click on
      Change settings.
    • Check the box Synchronize with an internet time server
      and also select the option time.windows.com
      from the drop down and click on OK and check if the issue persists.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Nov 25, 2021
  4. The Time is wrong after reboot Win11

Windows time keeps resetting to a wrong time

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your Windows Time, we would like to know the follow:

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, may we know what are those troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried checking the CMOS battery? It provides power to the Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) chip. This chip stores information about the system configuration, including the date and time. If no, we suggest that you replace the battery.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

The Time is wrong after reboot Win11

1. The Time is wrong after reboot Win11 - Similar Threads - wrong reboot Win11

2. win 11 time is always wrong when reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 time is always wrong when reboot.: I have checked all time settings. They are correct. Need to sync time every reboot.We are not dual booting into Linux. Time is always 1 hr behind. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-time-is-always-wrong-when-reboot/f4f20561-e124-4747-a68c-e25f0fdf93f0
  3. win 11 time is always wrong when reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 time is always wrong when reboot.: I have checked all time settings. They are correct. Need to sync time every reboot.We are not dual booting into Linux. Time is always 1 hr behind. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-time-is-always-wrong-when-reboot/f4f20561-e124-4747-a68c-e25f0fdf93f0
  4. Time is wrong in Windows after booting

Time is wrong in Windows after booting: Hi,Short version - I have a Samsung Galaxy Book S running Windows 11 Home that doesn't appear to pick up the BIOS time on boot and Windows will typically display an incorrect time at the login screen. Windows time sync will fix it after a few minutes.Longer version -I have a...
  5. win11 upgrade to win11 pro gone wrong

win11 upgrade to win11 pro gone wrong: Bought a new computer with win11 home installed. I then went to the microsoft store app and bought the win11 pro upgrade. click the install button sat back while it did its thing and when the system came back after restart I had win 11 enterpise installed and a activate...
  6. win11 upgrade to win11 pro gone wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win11 upgrade to win11 pro gone wrong: Bought a new computer with win11 home installed. I then went to the microsoft store app and bought the win11 pro upgrade. click the install button sat back while it did its thing and when the system came back after restart I had win 11 enterpise installed and a activate...
  7. The Time is wrong after reboot Win11

The Time is wrong after reboot Win11: Every time I start my PC the time shown is wrong by 1 hour. If i tell windows to synchronize the clock, then it adjusts to the correct time. but having to do so is annoying. Is there a way to fix this?...
  8. Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot: Hi there, I just got a new laptop, the setup went smoothly and mostly everything works correctly, except for one thing. The clock displays time exactly 6 hours ahead of my local time. I've changed the time zone to the correct time zone and it seems to display the proper...
  9. Windows Time is wrong after startup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Time is wrong after startup.: Hi guys, wondering if anyone else is having this issue and need help fixing it. I just recently installed the update (10586.164), and now after I do a cold boot "Fast Startup enabled" it will show the date and time "from the the I shut the PC down last.". If I have my...
  10. Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot: Having an issue when rebooting LINX tablets where the clock will revert to an hour behind or sometimes further. Have tried numerous ways of changing the time to correct which it does, but when you restart the tablet, it always goes back to the wrong time. This happens...