Windows 10: The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update

Discus and support The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! :) after the October 2018 update, the timeline does not work. I only have record of activities from days before the update. Is this a bug from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NSchwender, Oct 8, 2018.

1. The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update

Hello! The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update :) after the October 2018 update, the timeline does not work. I only have record of activities from days before the update.
    Is this a bug from Microsoft?
    Thanks.

:)

NSchwender, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Knuckles Win User

Timeline not Functioning in the April 2018 Update

I spent too much time on this trying to figure out why Timeline does not work on my Surface Book (with Performance Base) after updating to the April 2018 update. It is the main new feature in the latest Windows Version.

I have enabled the checkboxes to share the Activity and sync info across devices under privacy and Enable suggestions under the Timeline function.

I also enabled share nearby but nothing.

I attempted to revert back to older Windows then upgrade again but still got nothing.

It works on my other laptop the HP OMEN laptop but not on my Surface Book.

Knuckles, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Almost September and are the October 2018 update release in the September or October?

WenzhaoPeng2981, Oct 8, 2018
  4. The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

Hi,

If you have click Checked for updates once, it would continue to download.

Try updating to Windows 10 October update version 1809, manually.

The fastest way to get the upgrade is through Media creation tool or ISO file.

Please download Media Creation Tool from the link below and select Upgrade this PC at the first screen.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

All steps, including upgrading using ISO file and Media creation tool, are covered here:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2018/10/update...

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update

1. The timeline does not work after the October 2018 update - Similar Threads - timeline does October

2. October 2018 Pro Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2018 Pro Update: I did the update and hated how it changed my Windows!!!! Hated it so bad I uninstalled it. Now it has come up again for me to update. I paused it this time. I read that after this pause ends I have no choice but to install it. I still don't want it. I just got this laptop...
  3. HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update: Hi, I have Windows 10 installed on my personal laptop. My laptop does not connect to my external monitor and to my projector since I received the recent 'critical update' (dated October 2018 I believe). I updated graphics card drivers and tried a different cable but HDMI...
  4. Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update: I'm struggling to get my PC build from several years ago running without freezes after the latest automatic updates. The PC has run flawlessly since Windows 10 first became available and now, October 2018 it freezes up. At first I thought it was my old wireless keyboard...
  5. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  6. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  7. October 2018 Update - VPN services stopped working

October 2018 Update - VPN services stopped working: Hi, Yesterday I upgraded my laptop with the newest update (October 2018), and all of my VPN programs stopped working, they connect, but the connection only lasts for a second, before it's interrupted, so pretty much everything VPN related is pretty much useless as of now,...
  8. after updating to the october 2018 fall update my computer does not recognize mouse or...

after updating to the october 2018 fall update my computer does not recognize mouse or...: mouse and keyboard light up if I'm in the bios/ uefi but as soon as the hand off to windows they devices go dark. Please advice....
  9. WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

WINDOWS OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE: Hi. I want to ask about my windows update. Why is the windows october 2018 keep redownloading in my pc? at first it downloaded until 100%. then it later attempts to install it (which made my pc real slow). the Windows Update then displayed that the same update (version 1809)...
  10. October 2, 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    October 2, 2018 update: This is more forced MS update BS! Once again my PC wont boot because of an update! I am tired of fixing my PC because MS released updated that dont work with my setup yet i am forced to repair........

Users found this page by searching for:

1. timeline is not showing in win10 oct afterupdate