Windows 10: The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu

Discus and support The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This means I can no longer see my Quick Launch, which is annoying. Any thoughts?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Magnet67, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Magnet67 Win User

The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu

This means I can no longer see my Quick Launch, which is annoying. Any thoughts?

:)

Magnet67, Aug 26, 2021

2. Contextual menu

Bonjour,

Back to my problem.

Thank you Akheel Ahmed for your answer.

According to the result of sfc /scannow everything is OK in the Windows system.

The problem is that for a few shortcut icons on the desktop (Skype,...) the contextual menu is displayed correctly, but for all others:

• nothing is displayed,
    • the system seem to be frozen, the mouse cursor becomes a spinning wheel for waiting, mouse buttons are inefficient for a few seconds,
    • then the display gets black for less than 1 second,
    • and finally everything comes back to the normal state (without contextual menu !).
    If I display the desktop folder with Windows Explorer, the problem is the same: impossible to get the contextual menu from the involved shortcuts.

Does this give you an idea to solve my problem ?

Pierre

Pierre THOMAS, Aug 26, 2021
  3. CalmLight Win User
    Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Please supply a workaround and/or a bug-acknowledgement for the following behaviour?

Setup - Windows 10. Taskbar "left" position. Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar.

Issue - When the "Desktop" toolbar-item on the Taskbar is selected, the Desktop list appears behind the Taskbar, such that it is partly masked. Menu is unusable. Then later e.g. when Windows Explorer has done something else, the issue has gone away; after
    a Restart the issue repeats.

Screen-clip attached. Screen-clip shows that the "double down arrow" of the taskbar's Desktop item has been selected. It also shows that the desktop listing is displayed behind the taskbar.

Thank you and regards.

The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu 1a7f1654-821b-49ae-8394-e0d43bb2cc7f.png

CalmLight, Aug 26, 2021
  4. The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu

How do I configure menu item order in Desktop toolbar on taskbar?

Hello,

This will be my fist post on this forum.

I've recently come across a weird dissatisfaction with the ordering of the items (links) found in the Desktop toolbar shown via the task bar.

Until today, the menu listed the encompassing links in a particular order, and I happened to accidentally move one folder from my desktop. Once that happened, the order changed for only that one menu item/link.

This threw me off in an OCD sense due to the fact that now there was this random folder hanging off to the bottom of the menu not being grouped with other directory links, which were all grouped together.

This then started to get me thinking if I could change how the items were grouped on the menu itself by altering any toolbar configuration, but alas, there wasn't any such option.

Instead, I decided to remove the toolbar from the taskbar and add it again to see if it did anything.

Lo and behold, it did, but now the order was out of wack again.

The folder items were grouped together as I remembered them to be in the menu, but now the other menu links (representative of the other desktop links/files/etc) were out of order.

So, my question is now: how is the toolbar ordering the desktop links/files/etc? Is this modifiable at all?

I was under the impression that it was using the date modification time to order the items on the menu, but now I'm not so sure after what I did to the folder earlier. I didn't even delete it, and simply moved it inside another folder by accident.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. (build 15063.483)

TIA

- T.R.G.

P.S. - Also, why does the toolbar menu show links to things that I can't see on my desktop (e.g. Workgroup Profile, OneDrive).

That Random Guy, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu

1. The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu - Similar Threads - Toolbars item has

2. Items pinned to Taskbar disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items pinned to Taskbar disappear: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 Pinned apps Messenger and Skype do not stay pinned to taskbar Re-pinned several times, but disappear after next re-boot Other pinned apps remain pinned, no issues Other apps pinned BEFORE the update remain pinned, no issues All...
  3. Unknown Items in Taskbar Menu

Unknown Items in Taskbar Menu: I've noticed that when opening the ^menu on the right side of the taskbar, there will sometimes be anywhere between 1 & about 7 of these blue dots taking up the menu. When I put the cursor over them, they immediately vanish. What are they? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  4. Custom toolbars menu disappeared from taskbar RMB menu in windows 10

Custom toolbars menu disappeared from taskbar RMB menu in windows 10: Hello, I had custom toolbars in windows 10 but after a while they disappeared and I don't find anyway to restore or create them as you can see in the screenshot. I searched in the net if there is a solution or it is just Microsoft who removed the menu from Windows 10 but I...
  5. taskbar menu has disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    taskbar menu has disappeared: hi, I'm back again with another issue.. My task bar has disappeared entirely. Tried restarting but don't know what else to do! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-menu-has-disappeared/28d6d511-a122-49d0-80be-8e851ef6e8b0
  6. When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears: I've attached a video below of the problem. When clicking the start menu, one of my toolbars (Media Monkey Media Player) disappears for some reason, and re-appears when releasing from the start menu. I've checked every option in Media Monkey and haven' t found a good reason...
  7. User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu.: Hi, I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64 with several internal hard drives, and I've noticed there are missing items in the right-click contextual menu in some of them. The only available option is "create new folder", but everything else is missing. [ATTACH]...
  8. How do I configure menu item order in Desktop toolbar on taskbar?

How do I configure menu item order in Desktop toolbar on taskbar?: Hello, This will be my fist post on this forum. I've recently come across a weird dissatisfaction with the ordering of the items (links) found in the Desktop toolbar shown via the task bar. Until today, the menu listed the encompassing links in a particular order,...
  9. Send to has disappeared from the menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Send to has disappeared from the menu: Last night I wanted to send an image from my pc to my smartphone via bluetooth, but I noticed that the "send to" command has disappeared. What can happen? Can you fix it? Thank you *Sad 86720
  10. remove contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    remove contextual menu: remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut. Thank you. [img] 47558