Windows 10: The top bar on edge is hiding itself and I can't stop it. Why?

Discus and support The top bar on edge is hiding itself and I can't stop it. Why? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So a few days ago i loaded up my pc and now the edge top bar keeps hiding itself untill now where it just wont show up at all. How can i fix this? Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sandytiernan, Nov 26, 2019.

1. The top bar on edge is hiding itself and I can't stop it. Why?

So a few days ago i loaded up my pc and now the edge top bar keeps hiding itself untill now where it just wont show up at all. How can i fix this? Is it a setting? I tried settings but maybe i missed it?

:)

sandytiernan, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Andre for Directly, Nov 26, 2019
  4. The top bar on edge is hiding itself and I can't stop it. Why?

Microsoft Edge Address Bar

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to open actual address of websites with short forms as you wish:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions(...) at the right top corner.
    • Click on View advanced settings, under Search in the address bar with
      click on down arrow.
    • Choose <add new>, try to add the default website.
    Secondly, as opening pages in new tab is set by design, I suggest you to provide this as a feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

The top bar on edge is hiding itself and I can't stop it. Why?

1. The top bar on edge is hiding itself and I can't stop it. Why? - Similar Threads - top bar edge

2. Microsoft Edge Bar is on top and hiding system tray icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Bar is on top and hiding system tray icons: I'm using Microsoft Edge Bar and the problem is, that it's hiding underneath it the system tray icons. So if I open the hidden system tray icons it opens yes, but under the Edge Bar. This is annoying, does anyone else have this problem? Or solution to this? I have tried to...
  3. Microsoft Edge Bar is on top and hiding system tray icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Bar is on top and hiding system tray icons: I'm using Microsoft Edge Bar and the problem is, that it's hiding underneath it the system tray icons. So if I open the hidden system tray icons it opens yes, but under the Edge Bar. This is annoying, does anyone else have this problem? Or solution to this? I have tried to...
  4. why I can not hide the task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why I can not hide the task bar?: Why I can not hide the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-can-not-hide-the-task-bar/c2e80545-1b3c-45bc-ac82-27fa113f96e9
  5. why I can not hide the task bar?

why I can not hide the task bar?: Why I can not hide the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-can-not-hide-the-task-bar/c2e80545-1b3c-45bc-ac82-27fa113f96e9
  6. Can't Hide "Microphone/Camera" Bar

Can't Hide "Microphone/Camera" Bar: I can't find anything about this, and it's driving me nuts!This bar appeared in the top-right side of my screen a few days ago and I can't move it or get rid of it:It sits on top of all other windows. Does anyone know how to kill it off?...
  7. Task bar does not completely hide itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar does not completely hide itself: I use auto hide on desktop mode, which worked fine until I update windows/nvidia graphics driver. Now there is a small bar where some of the task bar can be seen. I've restarted my computer several times, tried turning it off/on, and restarted windows explorer, but none of...
  8. Top Menu Bar back on Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Top Menu Bar back on Microsoft Edge?: I like having a Top Menu Bar File Edit View History Bookmarks etc. How do I get it back on the new Microsoft Edge Browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-menu-bar-back-on-microsoft-edge/50152b76-3e67-4cf1-b5c0-c94485217763
  9. Recording time of game bar not hiding itself

Recording time of game bar not hiding itself: I have installed all the windows updates and also regarding the gamebar update from the microsoft store. Still when i record an app using gamebar the recording time does not hide itself with win+alt+t.It is very annoying and i am not able to focus on my work due to it. Is...
  10. Extra bars at the top of Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extra bars at the top of Edge: The bar says " To see favorites here, select …….." How can I get rid of this extra bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/extra-bars-at-the-top-of-edge/30d129f0-a44f-4b8a-a120-fb2fb881ae2b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge stop bar hiding

2. edge top bar keeps hiding

3. edge stop hiding address bar

4. my top bar showing pages is hiding,
  5. how to stop automatically hiding the top of windows,
  6. edge hiding address bar and task bar,
  7. why my top bar on windows is hiding,
  8. edge bar at top keeps hiding,
  9. top of edge is hiding