Windows 10: The topic of discussion is for Cortana voice assistant

Discus and support The topic of discussion is for Cortana voice assistant in Cortana to solve the problem; I'm not able to use my Cortana if I explain it briefly so I would say Cortana never responds or hears whatever I speak, so what should be the cause... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Vansh Tamta, Sep 23, 2020.

1. The topic of discussion is for Cortana voice assistant

I'm not able to use my Cortana if I explain it briefly so I would say Cortana never responds or hears whatever I speak, so what should be the cause behind....? I just my problem to be fixed can anyone help me with that? Anyone's outta there who can help me with this!

:)

Vansh Tamta, Sep 23, 2020

2. list of discussion topics?

where to find a list of subjects discussed in this community program. need wordpad help

topics box below is not helpful at all

klaro 1590, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Cortana has no voice

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Setup Mic

Step 1: Set up Mic in Control Panel.

1. Type Set up Mic in Cortana's search bar.

2. Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: Verify Speech settings.

1. Go to Settings >
    Time and Language >
    Speech.

2. In the Microphone section, click Get Started, if no Microphone is detected.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the Audio drivers on your device and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Restart.
    If the issue persists, Please refer to suggestions provided in the thread link below:

My
    cortana has no voice

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 23, 2020
  4. RajithR Win User

The topic of discussion is for Cortana voice assistant

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

The topic of discussion is for Cortana voice assistant

1. The topic of discussion is for Cortana voice assistant - Similar Threads - topic discussion Cortana

2. Cortana assistance on browser

in Cortana
    Cortana assistance on browser: You know how on mobile phones if you ask the assistant a question they open the browser for you? I am trying to do the same for my windows 10 edge browser. The advanced settings is removed and I cannot find "Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge" settings anymore. Is it no...
  3. Voice Activation in Cortana

in Cortana
    Voice Activation in Cortana: is voice activation in Cortana still un available. [Original Title: Cortana] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-activation-in-cortana/2629accf-8014-4ed4-8543-ad46aa88dc27
  4. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana voice activation: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home, no voice activation for Cortana, how do I upgrade to that version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-voice-activation/99ca1c46-d378-4fb2-8f00-25c549503ede
  5. Cortana Voice Activation

in Cortana
    Cortana Voice Activation: My windows build is 19041.504 I just updated to windows 10 2004 and cortana voice activation is unavalabile, and it s says that it will be avalabile in the future updates. My language is on US and i saw on youtube that this problem was fixed in 19041.329 build, but for me...
  6. Actually i'm not able to use my Cortana voice assistant.....why so?

in Cortana
    Actually i'm not able to use my Cortana voice assistant.....why so?: Actually i'm not able to use my Cortana voice assistant.....why so? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/actually-im-not-able-to-use-my-cortana-voice/79af5b87-aa24-4800-b442-eddcbe99ddc4
  7. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana voice activation: Hi guys, I am trying to activate cortana by saying "cortana" is not working, mic is ok, permission is given, other than this cortana is fully functioning, but when i am saying "cortana" it did nothing. If someone knows about this problem please help. submitted by...
  8. Cortana's voice

in Cortana
    Cortana's voice: What do I need to do to access Cortana's voice on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortanas-voice/22a2bf5d-66d1-49a6-a0f1-9b9d0dff6e61"
  9. Cortana's Voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana's Voice: So I asked Cortana if I could change her voice. She replied that her voice was the only available for my region. I wanted a mail voice, not her female voice. Even Apple's Siri lets you select alternate voices. Thoughts? But the way, Cortana seems to work pretty well....
  10. Voice Recognition in Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recognition in Cortana: The Voice Recognition in Cortana was working. I had to Restart my computer. It quit working. I re-installed my microphone but it still would not work. My microphone is located in my Monitor along with my Web Cam. Why did this happen? It was working fine and after Restart it...