Windows 10: the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

Discus and support the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Krystian Graefling, Apr 20, 2024.

1. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning on the troubleshooter there is no keyboard option to choose from. I have already looked for many solutions on the Internet and have already tried updating the bios, reinstalling drivers, changing settings in energy saving mode, reinstalling the system several times on both Windows 10 and 11, deleting registry entries.

:)

Krystian Graefling, Apr 20, 2024
  2. Marie Ave Win User

Mouse and keyboard won't work after bios

Hi,

One possible reason that your mouse and keyboard is not working is due to an outdated or corrupted drivers. Since you've recently made an update, there might be drivers that are having compatibility issues
    that needs to be addressed.

We suggest that you run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists,
    follow the troubleshooting steps provided in Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    article.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Apr 20, 2024
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Apr 20, 2024
  4. DBum1015 Win User

the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

keyboard works in BIOS but not on desktop

Hello, Alex!

I'll be glad to assist you today. I don't want to assume anything, but is your mouse working? If it is, you can try to fix the problem in Device Manager. Just follow these steps using your mouse/touchpad:

• Right-click on the Start menu to bring up the Power User Menu, and click
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the
      Hardware and Sound link.
    • Click on
      Device Manager
      under the Devices and Printers group at the top of the screen.
    • In the Device Manager window that pops up, expand
      Keyboards. There you should find your keyboard listed . Right click on your keyboard and select Update Driver Software... to check and see you have the latest driver for the keyboard to work.
    If these steps don't fix your problem, a temporary fix would be to turn on the included On-Screen Keyboard. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click on
      Start, Settings, Ease of Access
      , then Keyboard
    • Click to turn on the
      On Screen Keyboard.
    Either of these two options should get you back to typing again in no time! If you need any other help, let me know!

Thanks,

Dustin

DBum1015, Apr 20, 2024
Thema:

the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

1. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS - Similar Threads - touchpad built keyboard

2. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...
  3. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  6. Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.: Hi,I've had an issue for about a month where the keyboard on my laptop only works in the BIOS. When I get to the Windows login screen it doesn't react.I've tried loads of proposed solutions using an external keyboard and mouse: e.g. Uninstalling keyboard HID in Device...
  7. Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.: Hi,I've had an issue for about a month where the keyboard on my laptop only works in the BIOS. When I get to the Windows login screen it doesn't react.I've tried loads of proposed solutions using an external keyboard and mouse: e.g. Uninstalling keyboard HID in Device...
  8. Laptop keyboard work only in bios

Laptop keyboard work only in bios: Hi I need help with my laptop, my laptop keyboard work only in bios. I Deleted the drivers in device manager and tried to update them I reinstall windows 10 My laptop is xps 13 9350...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS: So I got an Ocus Rift S yesterday, and I ran into an obscure problem with sensors not being able to be tracked. I looked at multiple sources saying the fix was easy. After trying every single one, nothing ever worked of course, the last one I tried was changing the drivers...
  10. Laptop Keyboard and TouchPad Only Work Sporadically

Laptop Keyboard and TouchPad Only Work Sporadically: Lenovo Ideapad Flex 4 1580 Keyboard & Touchpad/Cursor Not Activating ‎The keyboard and touchpad/cursor stop working...usually after having the laptop wake up from sleep mode. Rebooting doesn't work. It just seems to magically start working again eventually. It is not in...