Windows 10: The touchpad does not work even after removing the mouse if disable"leave touchpad on when...

Discus and support The touchpad does not work even after removing the mouse if disable"leave touchpad on when... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I want to disable touchpad when mouse is connected, and enable it after removing the mouse. My setting is as the screenshot. Laptop: Lenovo Y740... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yingfen_0, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Yingfen_0 Win User

The touchpad does not work even after removing the mouse if disable"leave touchpad on when...

Hi, I want to disable touchpad when mouse is connected, and enable it after removing the mouse. My setting is as the screenshot.

Laptop: Lenovo Y740

Mousewireless: Logitech M185

The touchpad does not work even after removing the mouse if disable"leave touchpad on when... 914c049f-9c75-4a16-8abe-28c7af996354?upload=true.png

However, after removing the mouse receiver, the touchpad still does not work.

If enable "leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected", the touchpad works. It seems the laptop does not realize the receiver is removed. What's the reason for it? Thanks

:)

Yingfen_0, Dec 19, 2019

2. disable touchpad

Hi James,

Touchpad is usually disabled and re-enabled by pressing the Fn and either
    F3 or F9 keys, but that depends on the laptop that you have. Each brand have its own shortcut keys. However, you can disable the touchpad from the Settings page. Follow these steps:

1. Open Settings > Devices.
    2. In the left pane, click Touchpad.
    3. To completely disable the touchpad, toggle off Touchpad.
    4. If you only want to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is connected, check the box for
      Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected option.

Let me know if you need further help so I can assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 19, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

The touchpad does not work even after removing the mouse if disable"leave touchpad on when...

disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. The touchpad does not work even after removing the mouse if disable"leave touchpad on when... - Similar Threads - touchpad does removing

2. touchpad mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad mouse not working: Touchpad mouse is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse-not-working/fcd472d5-5d18-4aef-ac08-dd1601664b6c
  3. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  4. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  5. Touchpad not working when mouse is unplugged

Touchpad not working when mouse is unplugged: I have a MSI GL75 laptop running the latest edition of Win10. I have a similar issue to: stevenajordan Created on September 1, 2016 Windows 10 always detecting a mouse, even when one is not connected Which is locked. I have the "Leave touchpad on when mouse is connected"...
  6. Problems with touchpad after removing mouse

Problems with touchpad after removing mouse: I have unchecked the option that lets the touchpad active if a mouse is connected but when I remove my mouse the touchpad does not work. Could this be a Windows problem or a driver problem ?...
  7. Mouse/Touchpad Not Working

Mouse/Touchpad Not Working: I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 laptop. My mouse/touchpad stopped working. I tried restarting windows, but I don't think that did anything productive. Please help....
  8. Touchpad disabled when mouse is removed

Touchpad disabled when mouse is removed: If I remove my mouse for my laptop the touch pad is disabled. I have it enabled in device manager, but I have the option for it to be turned off when a mouse is connected. If I turn off the feature of having the touch pad disabled when a mouse is connected, disconnecting the...
  9. touchpad and mouse not working

touchpad and mouse not working: just bought the windows tablet 2 in 1 and mouse,touchpad isn't working did all the updates still wont work, looked up solution and reset the tablet and still not working anyone have a solution for this issue...
  10. Mouse and touchpad not working

Mouse and touchpad not working: So earlier today i noticed that my mouse wasnt working and i thought it was a battery issue(using a wireless) but when i tried my touchpad its nit working too. I tried searching in google how to fix it but none of it worked, from updating the driver,system restore and the...