Windows 10: The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

Discus and support The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some time the Touchpad on my laptop has been problematic. Usually when it stops working it starts again after I restart. The frequency of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FiggisPD, Feb 3, 2022.

1. FiggisPD Win User

The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

For some time the Touchpad on my laptop has been problematic. Usually when it stops working it starts again after I restart. The frequency of the problems has increased and this week it just will not work. I tried reinstalling the Driver but that has not solved anything. I have posted on the Acer Users forum and have not yet found an answer. They say something about updating the BIOS firmware since there is a newer version that addresses Synaptic touchpad issues. They said that would be a last resort as it can be tricky.,When I click the Properties of the Driver in Device Manager, this mess

:)

FiggisPD, Feb 3, 2022
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 3, 2022
  3. touchpad stopped working .

I am using windows 10 on my acer laptop. Suddenly touchpad stopped working .

Shyam KumarPatidar, Feb 3, 2022
  4. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

touchpad stopped working after 1607 update

I have an Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W, When I initially reinstalled my touchpad wasn't working so I installed these drivers from Acer it worked fine until I updated to Version 1607 Build 14393.10:
    • Chipset Intel Chipset Driver 10.1.1.7
    • IO Drivers Intel Serial IO Driver 604.10135.1001.53001
    • MBI Intel Sideband Fabric Device Driver 1.70.305.16316
    • TXE Intel Intel TXE Driver 1.1.0.1064
    • TouchPad ELANTECH Touchpad Driver 13.6.3.1

AvidSurvivalist, Feb 3, 2022
Thema:

The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

1. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working - Similar Threads - TouchPad Acer laptop

2. acer laptop touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acer laptop touchpad not working?: My laptop touchpad dose not working. whwn i will turning on my laptop a icon will show top of the starting window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop-touchpad-not-working/bb77d12a-cd57-4263-8625-c49f79ce675a
  3. acer laptop touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acer laptop touchpad not working?: My laptop touchpad dose not working. whwn i will turning on my laptop a icon will show top of the starting window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop-touchpad-not-working/bb77d12a-cd57-4263-8625-c49f79ce675a
  4. acer laptop touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working: For some time the Touchpad on my laptop has been problematic. Usually when it stops working it starts again after I restart. The frequency of the problems has increased and this week it just will not work. I tried reinstalling the Driver but that has not solved anything. I...
  6. The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working

The TouchPad on my Acer laptop has stopped working: For some time the Touchpad on my laptop has been problematic. Usually when it stops working it starts again after I restart. The frequency of the problems has increased and this week it just will not work. I tried reinstalling the Driver but that has not solved anything. I...
  7. Touchpad has stopped working

Touchpad has stopped working: My touchpad does not work anymore. It is meant to activate when I unplug my mouse but it doesn't anymore. I tried reinstalling the drivers and pretty much everything you can do in device manager, as well as in touchpad settings. I have an Acer Swift 3, any help is...
  8. Acer touchpad not working.

Acer touchpad not working.: Hi my toychpad on my acer laptop suddenly stopped working. i have updated the driver and done basic troubleshooting as per what i can find on google. please help. thanks...
  9. touchpad has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchpad has stopped working: Hi, I have got a Lenovo G50 laptop and my touch pad has just stopped working, has anyone got any answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/touchpad-has-stopped-working/652e0d18-f543-4a46-bdeb-3dae23236958
  10. My touchpad has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My touchpad has stopped working: A few weeks ago my touchpad suddenly stopped working in my windows 10 Lenovo laptop. I tried everything I could think of to solve the problem, going through settings, control panel and troubleshooter etc. Nothing I tried has worked so far. The only way I have been able to use...