Windows 10: The touchpad on my laptop is broken and I don’t know how to fix it

Discus and support The touchpad on my laptop is broken and I don’t know how to fix it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have an acers spin three the number thingy on the bottom of it says SP314-21R56W if that helps at all but I’ve tried everything from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/flypolarbears, Jan 3, 2021.

1. The touchpad on my laptop is broken and I don’t know how to fix it

So I have an acers spin three the number thingy on the bottom of it says SP314-21R56W if that helps at all but I’ve tried everything from troubleshooting it to like pressing all of the Fn+f1..etc keys and nothing is working the touchscreen works fine but the like trackpad doesn’t work at all.

submitted by /u/flypolarbears
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/flypolarbears, Jan 3, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 3, 2021
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Josie23 Win User

The touchpad on my laptop is broken and I don’t know how to fix it

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

The touchpad on my laptop is broken and I don’t know how to fix it [​IMG]

Josie23, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

The touchpad on my laptop is broken and I don’t know how to fix it

1. The touchpad on my laptop is broken and I don’t know how to fix it - Similar Threads - touchpad laptop broken

2. My shift key on my laptop is acting up and I don’t know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shift key on my laptop is acting up and I don’t know how to fix it: So I have a dell gaming laptop and recently my shift key keeps acting up and I’m not sure what to do about it it acts like it’s stuck all the time like when I’m playing a game I’m always sprinting which makes some games un playable but when I type I don’t have a problem with...
  3. My shift key on my laptop is acting up and I don’t know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My shift key on my laptop is acting up and I don’t know how to fix it: So I have a dell gaming laptop and recently my shift key keeps acting up and I’m not sure what to do about it it acts like it’s stuck all the time like when I’m playing a game I’m always sprinting which makes some games un playable but when I type I don’t have a problem with...
  4. I don’t know how to fix my disc

I don’t know how to fix my disc: It has been a while since my computer has been very slow and takes a long time to turn on and run any type of program. I have a 500GB main disk in which I have 300 occupied and one 1T empty.I don't know what to do to make it go better, I have deleted all the temporary files...
  5. I don’t know how to fix my disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don’t know how to fix my disc: It has been a while since my computer has been very slow and takes a long time to turn on and run any type of program. I have a 500GB main disk in which I have 300 occupied and one 1T empty.I don't know what to do to make it go better, I have deleted all the temporary files...
  6. I don’t know how to fix my disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My display is broken and I don’t know why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display is broken and I don’t know why.: I recently installed new RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 4x8gb 3600Mhz into my PC, I booted up the PC and my screen resolution was off the screen the edges were cut off. Also I noticed that my display adapter NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti was experiencing Code 43 and the computer is...
  8. My display is broken and I don’t know why.

My display is broken and I don’t know why.: I recently installed new RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 4x8gb 3600Mhz into my PC, I booted up the PC and my screen resolution was off the screen the edges were cut off. Also I noticed that my display adapter NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti was experiencing Code 43 and the computer is...
  9. My display is broken and I don’t know why.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. My laptop is broken and i dont know how to fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is broken and i dont know how to fix it: a while ago my laptop broke, so i had one of my friends take a look at it and my ram had exploded, after that i bought new ram and put the new ram in the laptop but it is still not working. no matter what i do, the only screen that i can make it to is the repair your computer...