Windows 10: The TPM has been cleared. Reason: SRK has changed or is not present

Discus and support The TPM has been cleared. Reason: SRK has changed or is not present in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On a regular basis, sometimes several times a day, my System log in Event viewer is giving the following error: Event 519 The TPM has been cleared.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SparrowHawk, Sep 24, 2019.

1. The TPM has been cleared. Reason: SRK has changed or is not present

On a regular basis, sometimes several times a day, my System log in Event viewer is giving the following error:

Event 519
    The TPM has been cleared. Reason: SRK has changed or is not present..

The Security UserID for this event is WORKGROUP\COMPUTERNAME$

Thoughts?

:)

SparrowHawk, Sep 24, 2019

2. Clear tpm

Hi I'm trying to reset my laptop to factory settings and its saying clear TPM. Or configuration change was requested for this computer's TPM.

Louise Robert, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Sep 24, 2019
  4. The TPM has been cleared. Reason: SRK has changed or is not present

TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

The TPM has been cleared. Reason: SRK has changed or is not present

1. The TPM has been cleared. Reason: SRK has changed or is not present - Similar Threads - TPM has been

2. TPM - Clearing the TPM and restarting still has "clear TPM" highlight

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM - Clearing the TPM and restarting still has "clear TPM" highlight: Lenovo Yoga Laptop Windows 10 - Build 17134 Cleared all BIOS settings and supervisor password. Log in with local admin account. open TPM.MSC Click "clear TPM". no errors or anything pop up. Press F9 when the PC restarts to clear the TPM. Once the machine reboots, I...
  3. This has been sorted

in Windows 10 Customization
    This has been sorted: This problem has been sorted with help from an agent. It won't let me delete the post. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-has-been-sorted/e36c4be1-d1e8-4119-a3b9-8c1edf73f47d
  4. How to know each thing (even the smallest) that has come new, or has changed, or has been...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to know each thing (even the smallest) that has come new, or has changed, or has been...: When windows updates or upgrades then, sometimes I see things that have been changed or are new or are removed (like some features and settings). As I have taken out time to set each setting in the computer with careful thought, I have discovered many times, that what has...
  5. Desktop has been deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop has been deleted: I ran an automatic windows update and on restarting my laptop the entire desktop has gone. All I jave is a blank screen with a Recycle bon in the top left hand corner. Any advice please?...
  6. Window's couldn't reset, nothing has been changed

Window's couldn't reset, nothing has been changed: Hello, I've been trying to reset my laptop for a few weeks now. I just want to start from scratch, like I just downloaded windows 10 for the first time with nothing on it. However every time I try I get the same error message every time. "There was a problem while resetting...
  7. Clearing TPM

Clearing TPM: I ha system image backup and am now resetting my Windows 10 laptop so it can be returned for a warranty repair. Is it ok to clear the TPM and will this be restored to my laptop when I restore the system image backup? Many thanks...
  8. Clearing TPM question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clearing TPM question: So My laptop keeps moaning at me about there being an issue with my tpm firmware. I have contacted HP and they said it is fine and as long as I have latest BIOS its ok. As part of the windows guidance it says after the "tpm update", clear the tpm. I would like to try this as...
  9. account has been disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account has been disabled: hi, just bought a new dell with windows 10. During the point when you enter your new password and have to reenter the password the screen went haywire with flashing colours, it would not stop, so i turned the computer off. So i never got to set a password. So now when i...
  10. Calendar has been corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar has been corrupted: Following the November update (not necessarily caused by it) my Desktop calendar has become drastically corrupted. Among the symptoms are: it closes frequently, it will not let me edit or delete entries, it has replicated past entries in large numbers which I am not able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. srk has changed or is not present