Windows 10: the trouble with new installs

Discus and support the trouble with new installs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; the trouble with new installs when you have several computers: I just got an ssd and decided it was time to upgrade an old computer TOSHIBA Satellite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomaseg1, Apr 16, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

the trouble with new installs

the trouble with new installs when you have several computers: I just got an ssd and decided it was time to upgrade an old computer
    TOSHIBA Satellite C855
    2.40 gigahertz Intel Core i3-2370M
    8 gig memory
    JUHOR Z500 120GB [Hard drive] (120.03 GB)
    to change boot order hold down the fn f12 keys while pressing the power. plug ethernet cable after start from flash drive.
    I used rufus uefi win 10 iso on a flash drive and the install crashed saying it wasn't an uefi computer.
    so back to rufus and rebuild the flash to legacy mbr. add my ninite.com exe file for quick install of some non windows store programs and belarc advisor.
    next was a smooth install of win 10 pro.
    boot into windows to find it wasn't activated. ran the activation trouble shooter which said the computer
    had a registration for Windows HOME.
    so back to reinstall this time Windows Home install and it showed up as activated.
    If you don't Know about ninite.com you need to pay them a visit. one stop shop for setting up a new computer, you download and run an exe file and it installs an number of programs hassle free.

Just remember when doing a clean install on a computer that has already been registered with Microsoft,
    to to Install the Correct Version.

lesson learned.

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 16, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    trouble installing vista 64

Well, just got my new motharboad (P5Q-e) everything works perfect thank god! only im having issues installing vista on it.

it recognizes both of my hard drives and they were working perfectly fine before i installed my new mobo but now whenim trying to install vista it gets to the "select drive to install on" screen and none of my hard drives are listed.

they show up in the bios just fine and i've tried using other sata ports as well and all with the same result.

The drives were set to be a RAID 0 array on my old mobo could this be the issue?
    any thoughts or suggestions would be much appriciated

Arrakis9, Apr 16, 2019
  4. the trouble with new installs

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

the trouble with new installs

1. the trouble with new installs - Similar Threads - trouble installs

2. Trouble with installing WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with installing WSL: Hello! When I try to install WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux on my laptop, everything goes smoothly until I have to restart the laptop. Initially, the update progresses well, reaching approximately 97%. However, at that point, an error message appears: ‘Something unexpected...
  3. Trouble with installing WSL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with installing WSL: Hello! When I try to install WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux on my laptop, everything goes smoothly until I have to restart the laptop. Initially, the update progresses well, reaching approximately 97%. However, at that point, an error message appears: ‘Something unexpected...
  4. i have some troubles when I installing C++ in visual studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have some troubles when I installing C++ in visual studio: Hello!I hope to have your support for me. I help some troubles when I installed Cpp for Visual Studio code. I don't know how to fix it. Many thanks!!!...
  5. i have some troubles when I installing C++ in visual studio

i have some troubles when I installing C++ in visual studio: Hello!I hope to have your support for me. I help some troubles when I installed Cpp for Visual Studio code. I don't know how to fix it. Many thanks!!!...
  6. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.: I am trying to install Wireshark on my Windows 10 pc, but I get an error BCMWLTRY.EXE which stops the downloading process. I can't even find that file and would it damage my OS if I erased it? Moreover, I read that if this particular file resides in my C drive, which it does,...
  7. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.: I am trying to install Wireshark on my Windows 10 pc, but I get an error BCMWLTRY.EXE which stops the downloading process. I can't even find that file and would it damage my OS if I erased it? Moreover, I read that if this particular file resides in my C drive, which it does,...
  8. trouble with an exe file that is precluding me from installing Wireshark.

9. excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...: excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime Error 60:1096 please help, i cant install shareit on my microsoft surface...
  10. excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime...: excuse me, is anyone here had trouble when installing Share it on windows? it says Runtime Error 60:1096 please help, i cant install shareit on my microsoft surface...