Windows 10: The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.

Discus and support The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My win 10 has updated yesterday, and after that I got blue screen with error NTFS.SYS when I run chkdsk C: /f /r /x I got the following: The type of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alaa_Farouk, Oct 5, 2018.

1. The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.

My win 10 has updated yesterday, and after that I got blue screen with error NTFS.SYS

when I run chkdsk C: /f /r /x I got the following:

The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

What I should do?

:)

Alaa_Farouk, Oct 5, 2018

2. "The type of the file systyem is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected."

Disk check error: "The type of the file systyem is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected."

pengyou1996, Oct 5, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE.

Hi Dhruv,

Which drive on your PC is locked, is it your System (C) drive or another drive on your PC?

It is normal to see NTFS on the properties of your drive, I would not worry about that

Are you able to get into Windows?

If so, when you try to access your files, what is the exact error you are seeing and what folder(s) can you not access?

DaveM121, Oct 5, 2018
  4. The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.

NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE.

All of a sudden I have deleted the administrators access and now I have locked the drive and now I don't have access to the files and now they show me NTFS under the drive. There are some documents I need to recover the file. Please help me out.

All the helps rendered will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dhruv Nakrani, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.

1. The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. - Similar Threads - type file system

2. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.: What does, "The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. " mean?The HDD seems OK.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3803] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\david>chkdsk D: The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. Volume label...
  3. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.: What does, "The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. " mean?The HDD seems OK.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3803] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\david>chkdsk D: The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied. Volume label...
  4. The type of the file system is NTFS. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. NTFS FILE SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTFS FILE SYSTEM: Hey, I'm facing an error while starting my PC, ill explain in details. My Bluetooth driver wasn't working so i turned off and on my pc for a few times and after that, I'm facing blue screen everytime i try to turn on my PC, it turns on, window logo for a few seconds then blue...
  6. NTFS FILE SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NTFS FILE SYSTEM: Hey, I'm facing an error while starting my PC, ill explain in details. My Bluetooth driver wasn't working so i turned off and on my pc for a few times and after that, I'm facing blue screen everytime i try to turn on my PC, it turns on, window logo for a few seconds then blue...
  7. NTFS FILE SYSTEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. NTFS File System

NTFS File System: I had a virtual machine running on a customer's computer, and I needed to reinstall it. I removed the drive from the computer so I could copy a new VHD from my laptop to the drive. IIt kept telling me that the recycle bin on the drive was corrupt and would not let me copy...
  9. The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.

The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.: My win 10 has updated yesterday, and after that I got blue screen with error NTFS.SYS when I run chkdsk C: /f /r /x I got the following: The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. What I should do?...
  10. NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE.: All of a sudden I have deleted the administrators access and now I have locked the drive and now I don't have access to the files and now they show me NTFS under the drive. There are some documents I need to recover the file. Please help me out. All the helps rendered will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the type of the file system is ntfs.cannot lock current drive.

2. the type of file system is ntfs cannot lock

3. type of file is ntfs cannot lock disk

4. The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.,
  5. ntfc cannor lock,
  6. the type of the file system is ntfs cannot lock current drive,
  7. the type of.the file system.is.ntfs cannot.lock current deive,
  8. C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /r x:The type of the file system is NTFS.Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.,
  9. this type of type of file is ntfs cannot lock current drive,
  10. WIndows 10: the type of file system is is ntfs windows can not run disk checking on this volume,
  11. the type of a file system is ntfs cannot,
  12. type of file system ntfs,
  13. type of file system is ntfs cannot lock current drive,
  14. kinds of file system ntfs,
  15. the type of the file system is ntfs