Windows 10: the unallocated space is NTFS. any help on how to merge it with the windows partition?

Discus and support the unallocated space is NTFS. any help on how to merge it with the windows partition? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-kousor [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-kousor, Mar 12, 2020.

1. the unallocated space is NTFS. any help on how to merge it with the windows partition?

/u/-kousor, Mar 12, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Not Getting Able to Merge Drive with Unallocated Space!

You should be able to right click on partition I:, in Disk Management, and select Extend volume... to add the unallocated space to partition I:. It should be as simple as that. You can't "merge" unallocated space with a partition, because unallocated space is not a partition. To "merge" 2 things those things need to be the same type of thing.

And no, it's not illegal to copy files to another drive.

MrGenius, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Honey Win User

Oh yea may be that can be a way to do, i tried but its saying i have less space in drive, operation cant complete something like that, how much space do i need to extend?

Honey, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Honey Win User

the unallocated space is NTFS. any help on how to merge it with the windows partition?

i tried to Delete Part K which is now Unallocated Drive, i right clicked on Part I, selected option "Merge" now Drive is not being shown on list, not able to merge.

Honey, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

the unallocated space is NTFS. any help on how to merge it with the windows partition?

1. the unallocated space is NTFS. any help on how to merge it with the windows partition? - Similar Threads - unallocated space NTFS

2. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  3. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  4. Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?

Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?: Hi, i just want to ask something here and let the picture tell everything.PartisiSo should i merge them my harddisk ? is there any problem if i merge them that allocated D to the unallocated one?...
  5. Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.: My partitions are in order as followed: 512 MB EFI Partition, 108.04 GB Unallocated Partition, and 129.93 GB NTFS Partition my Windows install partition. It isn't letting me merge the unallocated partition with my Windows install, any solutions?...
  6. Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.

Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.: My partitions are in order as followed: 512 MB EFI Partition, 108.04 GB Unallocated Partition, and 129.93 GB NTFS Partition my Windows install partition. It isn't letting me merge the unallocated partition with my Windows install, any solutions?...
  7. Merge unallocated partition with main partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merge unallocated partition with main partition: Hello volks! I've run into a problem... I cloned my 1tb HDD to a 2tb SSD yesterday. That was successfully completed, however, I'm now left with ~1tb unallocated storage on my cloned SSD. I now want to merge the unallocated storage with the Primary Partition where all the...
  8. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  9. how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition

in Windows 10 Support
    how to make unallocated space merge with the primary partition: Hello in the pic I have a drive that I intend to clone to a larger drive. Now I am guessing that the clone will have some unallocated space on it and if that unallocated space is situated behind the recovery partition how do I move it into the primary partition making C:...
  10. Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging Unallocated Space with Primary Partition: After I free upgraded from 8.1 to 10 a new partition showed up. I just deleted it and it became unallocated space. How can I merge this space with my primary partition. Both are on a 256 SSD. When I right click C: in disk management, the extend volume choice is...