Windows 10: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the...

Discus and support The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I have an app that wants to download some content, but when I launch it, even though I'm connected to the Internet, I get this error. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bazazooka, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Bazazooka Win User

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the...

So, I have an app that wants to download some content, but when I launch it, even though I'm connected to the Internet, I get this error. Any solutions?

Here's a screenshot for your reference-

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the... [​IMG]

:)

Bazazooka, Jan 26, 2019
  2. ldleiter Win User

Unable to establish a Synchronization Relationship

Problem: Unable to establish a Synchronization Relationship between my new handheld and my work PC.

Setup:

The Handheld is a HP iPAQ 111 Classic running Windows Mobile 6.1.

The Dell PC runs Windows XP Professional on a business LAN, with Outlook 2003.

I have downloaded ActiveSync 4.5 from the Microsoft website (the CD that came with the iPAQ was scratched), and installed it.

I am connecting the handheld to the PC using the USB-2 to mini-USB cable provided with the handheld.

Expectation:

The various documents and help files tell me that when I connect the handheld to the PC for the first time, ActiveSync will open a Synchronization Setup wizard that will allow me to specify what Outlook modules to synchronize with the respective handheld modules.
    Cancelling the wizard will cause me to connect in a Guest mode that allows communication but not synchronization.

Reality:

Each time when I connect the handheld to the PC, ActiveSync "thinks" for 20-30 seconds and initiates a Guest connection. I am able to explore the handheld from the PC and transfer Office files via the Guest connection as advertised, but cannot establish the
    Synchronization Relationship. All menu items related to Synchronization are grayed out on both machines.

Troubleshooting so far:

I have restarted both machines. I have removed and reinstalled ActiveSync on the PC, using both the ActiveSync installation program and the Windows Add/Remove Programs function. I have toggled Advanced Network Functionality on the handheld. None of these
    steps has materially affected the results.

Any suggestions on what else to try will be greatly appreciated.

ldleiter, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Trust Relationship between Server and DC Fails

I am having problems establishing a trust relationship between a server and a DC.

Here are the things I have tried(that I can rememeber):

• Unjoining and rejoining the Domain
    • Running: netdom reset 'computername' /domain:abc /userO:xxx /passwordO:*
    • Running Test-ComputerSecureChannel -Repair -Verbose
    • Resetting the password of the computer from the DC
    • After all of these, Test-ComputerSecureChannel still returns false
    Many of the error messages I get revolve around 'Access is Denied'. However, all of these commands are run from elevated PowerShell, as a domain administrator, with the netdom command run on both the local machine and the DC. The local machine is running
    Server 2012 and the DC is Server 2016. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

AlexBaker2, Jan 26, 2019
  4. The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the...

Trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

I want to know the root cause for trust relationship error so please let me know which logs to check to find out exact reason for workstation-domain trust relationship error.

I want to identify issue using the logs available in workstation machine.

vishalkhatpe, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the...

1. The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the... - Similar Threads - underlying connection was

2. Domain Trust Relationships keeps failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain Trust Relationships keeps failing: hello everyone,i have 3 VMs running on windows 11 pro. The users login from india remotely and the trust relationship with domain keeps failing about 3-4 times a day. I know how to to fix the issue of trust relationship but i want to know why it is happening so much per day?...
  3. Domain Trust Relationships keeps failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain Trust Relationships keeps failing: hello everyone,i have 3 VMs running on windows 11 pro. The users login from india remotely and the trust relationship with domain keeps failing about 3-4 times a day. I know how to to fix the issue of trust relationship but i want to know why it is happening so much per day?...
  4. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel: I'm currently trying to download updates via Lenovo Thinkvantage Update Retriever, however, I'm receiving the following error:The software encountered an issue unexpectedly and was unable to handle the specific issue: Error for->...
  5. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel: I'm currently trying to download updates via Lenovo Thinkvantage Update Retriever, however, I'm receiving the following error:The software encountered an issue unexpectedly and was unable to handle the specific issue: Error for->...
  6. Trust Relationship Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trust Relationship Issues: All the computers on my domain have domain trust issues. I am able to login perfectly into the domain without cached credentials but the following always happens: What errors do you see? PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> test-computersecurechannel False The secure channel always...
  7. Trust Relationship

Trust Relationship: I have an HP computer running Windows 10 2004 and it is in a domain environment. The server is a 2003- yes I am aware that it is old and outdated- this computer has a trust relationship issue. When a teacher tries to login using their own account they will choose OTHER...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection: "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection: "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary...: Remote Desktop Connection: "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed" error when you log in to Windows 10. worked all the time until this morning....
  9. A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro 2004. It was freshly installed on this PC about a week ago. Since then, every time I check for updates, I receive a message that my Windows is up to date. I would not be worried otherwise, but today while looking through the Event viewer I...
  10. Trust Relationship Issue

Trust Relationship Issue: I have an HP 8200 Elite computer running Windows 10 v. 1903. It is in a domain setting with a DHCP address. It is connected to a Windows 2003 server. I have one computer that has a frequent problem with the trust relationship between server and client. The computer has...