Windows 10: The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported

Discus and support The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Upon attempting to sign into a system that has the image (physical or virtual), […] This article The universal unique identifier (UUID) type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 3, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported

WinClub, Mar 3, 2021

2. the universal identifier (UUID) type is not supported

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As you are getting the error "The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported", I suggest you to refer the Microsoft help article to resolve this issue.

First logon fails with "The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported"

First sign-in fails with the universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported - Windows Client

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful.
    Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Universal Unique Identifier (uuid) type is not supported

Hi Jimish,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting a message “Universal Unique Identifier (uuid) type is not supported” on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you logged in to the pc as admin?

• Is the computer connected to a domain network?

Winlogon communicates with the Group Policy service (GPSVC) through an RPC call upon system startup for computer policy and with user logon for user policy. System Center Configuration Manager installs a Client-Side Extension (CSE) in the Windows image,
    which is detected by the Group Policy service on first start. The Group policy service then isolates itself into a separate SVCHOST process (it is originally running in a shared process with other services). As RPC communications have already been established
    before the service isolation, Winlogon can no longer contact the Group Policy service, and this results in the error message that is described in the Symptoms section.

On later restarts, GPSVC is appearing in a separate process from the beginning of the operating system session, and therefore the RPC runtime has no problem finding the correct server process instance.

Suggest you to refer to the reply provided by “Azaruddin Syed” from this thread to check if that helps.

The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported after Windows update

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 3, 2021
  4. The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported

universal unique identifier UUID type, What is this?

universal unique identifier UUID type, What is this? Do I need it? Why is it not supported. I am signing into my PC and Windows 10 when I get the pop-up that I can't load Group Policy Client services because UUID is not supported.

<Original Title: question>

billhand2638, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported

1. The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported - Similar Threads - universal unique identifier

2. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?: Hello,I am currently developing a C# desktop application and I want to protect this program to run on only one device. I can already do this by linking the program to the hard disk serial number or processor serial number, but this causes a problem for me with clients, as the...
  3. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?: Hello,I am currently developing a C# desktop application and I want to protect this program to run on only one device. I can already do this by linking the program to the hard disk serial number or processor serial number, but this causes a problem for me with clients, as the...
  4. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  6. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  7. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. UUID

in Windows 10 Customization
    UUID: A couple of our domain joined windows 10 systems are not able to get group policy updates, possibly because they have the same uuid. Is there anyway to change a systems uuid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uuid/f7939415-9005-4e51-a259-d4a4b8236ae7
  9. Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows: How to: Generate Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows How to Generate a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) in Windows GUID (or UUID) is an acronym for 'Globally Unique Identifier' (or 'Universally Unique Identifier'). The term GUID is generally used by developers...
  10. Errors gpsvc failed sign in, UUID not supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Errors gpsvc failed sign in, UUID not supported: Hello, Tried logging in and after attempted ended up with a black screen. Rig is a Toshiba satellite L75, Win 10 upgraded from 8.1, 500 GB, 4GB. Basically can't / won't do anything. Suspect system tried to upgrade to the Anniversary version and went south. What can I do to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to fix UUID error in Windows 10

2. windows10 login error gpsvc uuid

3. solusi gpsvc error uuid not supported

4. uuid type is not supported,
  5. windows 10 cannot login uuid not supported