Windows 10: The "up" arrow or key is locked when using anything Not a Keyboard or mouse issue

Discus and support The "up" arrow or key is locked when using anything Not a Keyboard or mouse issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've been browsing the net trying to find a fix for this, but I have yet to find any good information. Note: I was using VNC/No machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jmastersam, Apr 9, 2020.

1. The "up" arrow or key is locked when using anything Not a Keyboard or mouse issue

Hello, I've been browsing the net trying to find a fix for this, but I have yet to find any good information.

Note: I was using VNC/No machine before this occurred for work purposes, just in case this is a culprit for anything.

Whenever I hit the windows key and try and type something it will immediately start scrolling to the top of whatever it's selected on.

I have disabled both my keyboard and used on screen keyboard, and disabled my mouse to check if it was a scrolling issue. Both of which are working fine as the issue still occurred regardless of either being disabled.

I have also checked various toggle keys and other keyboard issues.

I HAVE fixed this issue before using a Safe Mode reboot, but it only lasted an hour before resetting back.

Please help if you can. Thank you.

:)

Jmastersam, Apr 9, 2020

2. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Cursor Pointer does not move by Arrow-keys on the keyboard:

Hi Dennis, good evening

Thank you very much for your interest to help.

1. I have checked the (Scroll-Lock) toggle key:

Settings/Ease of Access/Keyboard: On-Screen keyboard is set to On.

Wether this toggle key is On or Off, the arrow-keys did not function.

2. I have checked the task of the Function-key for my laptop, as per my understanding: i did not find any task that could affect my problem.

3. i have checked the keyboard setting in Windows 10:

The (Settings/Ease of Access/Keyboard) settings is now like this:

# On-Screen Keyboard: Off.

Note: To keep On-Screen Keyboard on the taskbar:

Right-click the taskbar + “Show touch keyboard button”: enabled.

The (Scroll-Lock) toggle key does not appear in this on-Screen keyboard, it is only appear in the on-Screen keyboard that is shown if i make it on according to that way in step no. 1.

# Sticky Key: Off.

# Toggle keys: Hear tone...: On + Turn-on by holdinf NUM-LUCK...: Off.

# Filter Key: Off.

# Other Settings (about Shortcuts): All are: On.

4. i have checked the mouse setting in Windows 10:

The (Settings/Ease of Access/mouse) settings is now: all Off.

Note: the (NUM-LOCK) option has been made off, so the (numeric keypad) will function like this:

¤ NUM-LOCK is on: numbers.

¤ NUM-LOCK is off: arrows (mouse keys).

5. I have checked the task of the BIOS settings for my laptop, as per my understanding: i did not find any task that could affect my problem.

6. I have uninstalled the (Synaptics) application, then re-install the (Synaptics Windows 10 PS/2 & SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1) and the (Synaptics Windows 10 I2C Devices v19.0.19.1) from the company website, and lets all settings as defaults: This also did not
    help.

7. I became really tired and upset of this problem, so i wrote my post here to get help.

For your 2nd question: No, they arrow-keys did not function at all in all cases and applications

What do you suggest?

Have a nice evening ...

Anas Shayah, Apr 9, 2020
  4. The "up" arrow or key is locked when using anything Not a Keyboard or mouse issue

Arrow keys on keyboard

I know this will sound stupid, but does anyone know how to turn off or lock the arrow keys on the keyboard?

AndrewWard1701, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

The "up" arrow or key is locked when using anything Not a Keyboard or mouse issue

1. The "up" arrow or key is locked when using anything Not a Keyboard or mouse issue - Similar Threads - arrow key locked

2. up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down: My arrow keys are used for page up and down how do i reset it to default as they no longer work in games and when i test it all the other arrow keys work but up and down register and page up and page down....
  3. up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down: My arrow keys are used for page up and down how do i reset it to default as they no longer work in games and when i test it all the other arrow keys work but up and down register and page up and page down....
  4. Keyboard and mouse locking up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse locking up!: Hi,Every once and a while my keyboard and mouse seem to lock up, I think they have entered some special enter mode, probably connected to the Windows key, so I'm hoping that if I just knew what to press to get back to the normal mode it would be easy to do.What happens is, I...
  5. Keyboard and mouse locking up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse locking up!: Hi,Every once and a while my keyboard and mouse seem to lock up, I think they have entered some special enter mode, probably connected to the Windows key, so I'm hoping that if I just knew what to press to get back to the normal mode it would be easy to do.What happens is, I...
  6. Mouse triggered by arrow keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse triggered by arrow keys: Hello, After win10 update my keyboard keys(arrows) triggers mouse moves. Up arrow moves cursor little bit up, right moves on the right etc... I've googled about this but found nothing. How to turn this off? submitted by /u/sneze2r [link] [comments]...
  7. Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?: Windows mouse keys let you move mouse cursor with keyboard numeric keypads but the problem is I dont have numeric keypads on my laptop so it will be best to use up,down,left,right arrows to move mouse cursor. submitted by /u/sherkhannabi [link] [comments]...
  8. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  9. Keyboard arrow keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard arrow keys: How do I phrase this? I'm reading my online newspaper. The up and down arrow key still functions to move position up and down, but when I use the left and right keys to go back and forth between pages it doesn't respond. I thought paper changed it's layout capabilities, but...
  10. mouse and keyboard frequently locks up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse and keyboard frequently locks up: I'm running a Surface Book with windows 10 8GB ram, 125GB drive and i5. My problem, the mouse and keyboard frequently locks up for a few seconds to several minutes, however the touch screen still works so I can get around whatever I'm working on. I've tacked to a service rep...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked up arrow key windows