Windows 10: the update deleted my sound

Discus and support the update deleted my sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had windows 10 and it did a preview update and removed everything i'm fine with that but I can't get my sound it does not even list a sound card so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GaryCastlow, Jan 7, 2020.

1. the update deleted my sound

I had windows 10 and it did a preview update and removed everything i'm fine with that but I can't get my sound it does not even list a sound card so I can't update it , the speaker in the bottom right has a red x on it. I tried all the fixes that HP said but it doesn't help , how can I get it to see I have a sound card it is a HP Pavilion AMD, it was originally 8.1 windows

:)

GaryCastlow, Jan 7, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue the update deleted my sound :p

cadaveca, Jan 7, 2020
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 7, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

the update deleted my sound

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

the update deleted my sound

1. the update deleted my sound - Similar Threads - update deleted sound

2. Windows 10 update has deleted my speaker sound options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update has deleted my speaker sound options: In the past I could connect an RC jack from my PC to my stereo and then choose various sound options, such as "nightclub", "cave", "movie" "3d", "opera", it would appear that in one of the windows updates it has deleted that driver. How do I get that option back?...
  3. downloaded windows 10 and it deleted my sound driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloaded windows 10 and it deleted my sound driver: hello my name is Bryan i just recently got windows 10 and everything was great until i tried to listen to some music ...and the sound didnt work i tried updating the sound drivers but it tells me there is nothing there to update...please help.....
  4. HELP! I delete ALL of my sound drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP! I delete ALL of my sound drivers: Hello, I have deleted all my sound drivers and I no longer have a “sound” option in my device manager, I can’t figure out where to re-download the driver....
  5. Windows update literally just deleted my network and sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update literally just deleted my network and sound.: I am very bad at explaining things, but I'll try my best. The latest Windows update just f**ked up my whole sound and ability to have WiFi basically. I have no way to connect to them. It's like they were deleted from existence. The sound icon appesrs in my taskbar, but has a...
  6. Windows 10 updates delete my sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates delete my sound: With the last two major updates, my sound disappeared. I tried a number of ways in efforts to retrieve it, but nothing worked. In the end, I had to revert to my original version of Windows 10 to get my sound back. Does this mean that I can never update my Windows 10? If...
  7. The sound card on my M81 Lenovo ThinkCentre was deleted by an update to Windows 10.

The sound card on my M81 Lenovo ThinkCentre was deleted by an update to Windows 10.: I have tried dozens of suggested fixes - including buying an external sound card. deleting and reinstalling other audio devices; automatic driver updates software - and got the same suggested fixes and resulting error messages. Anyproven solutions? And would using the new...
  8. Windows update deleted sound card

Windows update deleted sound card: We had windows do an update it was the preview update in windows 10 it removed everything I got what I needed back except for my sound the speaker has a red x and when you go to devices it said no device connected, I went to the website and it won't let me load any my pc is a...
  9. Troubleshooting a sound problem deletes my audio driver!

in Windows 10 Support
    Troubleshooting a sound problem deletes my audio driver!: The MS genius stroke again, clobbered my hp desktop driver trying to fix an audio hick up, i suspect Windows Defender declared realtek driver as a threat so killed it. Did this happen to anyone? having similar BS from MS automatic trouble shooting? ending up with a deleted...
  10. Accidentally deleted the sounds drive and my audio is not working

Accidentally deleted the sounds drive and my audio is not working: I had a problem with my laptop speaker. It has a red cross next to the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the screen. I tried to fix it but ended up deleting a drive called sounds, videos and game controllers, under Device Manager. How do I retrieve that drive as...