Windows 10: The update for Adobe is normal, but why so many cumulative updates?

Discus and support The update for Adobe is normal, but why so many cumulative updates? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TexasBandit, Sep 14, 2018.

1. The update for Adobe is normal, but why so many cumulative updates?

This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". The update for Adobe is normal, but why so many cumulative updates?

A screenshot is attached ...

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, Sep 14, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Microsoft controversially brings cumulative updates to W7 & W8.1

So much for October. My server, the W7 box, and the W8.1 machines in the house all did Cumulative Updates today, outside of the normal patch cycle.

Nothing new on the W10 boxes, which is why I think it is this schedule that @qubit did the OP on.

rtwjunkie, Nov 27, 2018
  3. kn00tcn Win User
    Microsoft controversially brings cumulative updates to W7 & W8.1

i think they had a special win7 updated edition in may... in fact i thought they were supposed to be going cumulative in may, i even saw such an update!

kn00tcn, Nov 27, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

The update for Adobe is normal, but why so many cumulative updates?

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

The update for Adobe is normal, but why so many cumulative updates?

1. The update for Adobe is normal, but why so many cumulative updates? - Similar Threads - update Adobe normal

2. update - why so badly programmed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update - why so badly programmed?: why has the most recent windows 10 update deleted my desktop leaving me with no access to my files at all?. only the recycle bin is showing and when i try to open it says there is no valid token. windows icon does not work....
  3. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  4. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  5. Why are there so many, many, error codes preventing me from receiving the latest updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are there so many, many, error codes preventing me from receiving the latest updates?: 1st of all, I'm too many, many, many, error codes prevent me from receiving any updates at all. Then, when I contact dell.com, I find out that it's the fault of Microsoft that's creating a problem with the updates with dell.com as well too, which means, my computer is not...
  6. Why are there so many Win 10 updates requiring reboot?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why are there so many Win 10 updates requiring reboot?: Almost every day for the last week or two, I find the system requiring restarting to finish installing an update. I used to use Linux and it was very rare for an update to require restarting. Windows 10 has frozen my games on many occasions now because of this. 38637
  7. Why so many instances of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Why so many instances of Google Chrome: In Startup there appear to be five instances of Google Chrome 32-bit, and, of course, Startup is sluggish. All instances have a common modified date. The numerous instances seem to be making Startup sluggish and I am confused how they got there. As Chrome is open I cannot...
  8. So Many Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    So Many Desktops: This pc is just a shortcut to the main uers folder and not another desktop.
  9. So many problems

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems: I've had nothing but issues with my laptop since upgrading. 1) minor but annoying thing my right click on my keypad also mouse cause the screen to go temporarily black and then it shuts down what ever you were right clicking on. 2) I can't install any new software it...
  10. Why so many builds

in Windows 10 Support
    Why so many builds: I found this in the mail this morning Windows 10 S is ready for testing (but just barely) | ZDNet Now I am no expert or indeed am I that savvy re computing as some of you will know but I have to say that after using 7 for such a long time and going through what I saw (as I...