Windows 10: the update fouled up my printer

Discus and support the update fouled up my printer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my printer drivers are messed up due to your stupid update 06/2020... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by loyacobb, Jun 17, 2020.

1. loyacobb Win User

the update fouled up my printer

my printer drivers are messed up due to your stupid update 06/2020

:)

loyacobb, Jun 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 17, 2020
  4. the update fouled up my printer

Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

the update fouled up my printer

1. the update fouled up my printer - Similar Threads - update fouled printer

2. How to remove OneDrive without fouling up directory paths. Get it off the system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove OneDrive without fouling up directory paths. Get it off the system.: How is it possible to get OneDrive and other cloud syncing softwares off the system, completely out of the file system, gone? How to do it, and do it in a way that will restore a conventional pre-cloud file system. Do we need to abandon Windows and go to Mac or Linux in order...
  3. How to remove OneDrive without fouling up directory paths. Get it off the system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove OneDrive without fouling up directory paths. Get it off the system.: How is it possible to get OneDrive and other cloud syncing softwares off the system, completely out of the file system, gone? How to do it, and do it in a way that will restore a conventional pre-cloud file system. Do we need to abandon Windows and go to Mac or Linux in order...
  4. Updates blocking my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates blocking my printer: Can't get my printer to connect. when I first bought it connected. called the printer company and said it could be from my computer updating and now blocking it not allowing the printer to download or connect....
  5. W11 22h2 - I fouled up the factory installed default Folder/directory structure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 22h2 - I fouled up the factory installed default Folder/directory structure: When I retired, the company let me have my PC, a Dell Optiplex 5070. I wanted to personalize it, removing any company specific reference information like usernames, disk volume names, etc. I just wanted to have it structured like it was from the factory. What I have ended up...
  6. W11 22h2 - I fouled up the factory installed default Folder/directory structure

W11 22h2 - I fouled up the factory installed default Folder/directory structure: When I retired, the company let me have my PC, a Dell Optiplex 5070. I wanted to personalize it, removing any company specific reference information like usernames, disk volume names, etc. I just wanted to have it structured like it was from the factory. What I have ended up...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app all fouled up

Windows 10 Mail app all fouled up: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Today, the Mail app started giving me problems, so I reset it. I added my email accounts without any problem. When I tried to create signatures, I did not get the Signature editor--only the unformattable entry box. When I looked in this...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app all fouled up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail app all fouled up: I run Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. Today, the Mail app started giving me problems, so I reset it. I added my email accounts without any problem. When I tried to create signatures, I did not get the Signature editor--only the unformattable entry box. When I looked in this...
  9. Getting my Printer set up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting my Printer set up: Hi there! I'm having trouble setting up a Canon Printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-my-printer-set-up/c81dfda3-3cad-47c1-aa7b-78a07074b87f
  10. Update Broke my Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update Broke my Printer: Windows installed an update last night. Now today I can't print anything. It keeps saying that the printer is offline. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-broke-my-printer/fcc3556a-cef9-43db-a99a-c6ca559c6865