Windows 10: The update gets stuck

Discus and support The update gets stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The update is stuck at 0%. And none of the other facilities are starting, presumably because of this. The Windows Update Troubleshooter does not help:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EvelynBlackwood25, Jan 29, 2020.

1. The update gets stuck

The update is stuck at 0%. And none of the other facilities are starting, presumably because of this.

The Windows Update Troubleshooter does not help: it tells me to use administrator privileges, but when I click on that button and give it an administrator password, nothing happens.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

EvelynBlackwood25, Jan 29, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Nate W.H. Win User
    Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Jan 29, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

The update gets stuck

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond The update gets stuck :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

The update gets stuck

1. The update gets stuck - Similar Threads - update gets stuck

2. Windows Updates stuck at "pausing updates" and Security stuck at "getting protection info"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates stuck at "pausing updates" and Security stuck at "getting protection info": Tried attaching images but "something went wrong" with the website. Go figure.For months Defender has been stuck at "getting protection info" so I could never run a security scan. Been relying on third party apps like malwarebytes. I read that pausing windows updates and...
  3. Windows Updates stuck at "pausing updates" and Security stuck at "getting protection info"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates stuck at "pausing updates" and Security stuck at "getting protection info": Tried attaching images but "something went wrong" with the website. Go figure.For months Defender has been stuck at "getting protection info" so I could never run a security scan. Been relying on third party apps like malwarebytes. I read that pausing windows updates and...
  4. my update is getting stuck at 25%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my update is getting stuck at 25%: my windows 10 is updating to the 21H1 version, but it keeps getting stuck at 25%, sometimes it wont even start and I cant seem to fix it, I've restarted the update a lot of times but it still doesn't work... pls I need help...
  5. Windows Update getting stuck on Checking for Updates

Windows Update getting stuck on Checking for Updates: Hello Everyone! I am an user of Dell Inspiron 3583. Recently, I did a reset using dell OS recovery tool. But, since then, the Windows Update Page is getting stuck on Checking for updates. I contacted Microsoft Support, and they suggested me to do Clean Install by using...
  6. Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix

Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix: Hello, I am setting up a new laptop running Windows 10. After getting everything installed, I had updates prompted when I went to restart. The update process gets to 38% and stays there for a while, then I get an error message and the computer reboots. On reboot, the update...
  7. Don't get updates or getting apps stuck? Try this!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Don't get updates or getting apps stuck? Try this!: Hey, Are the updates in your PC getting stuck? Or are your apps / games getting stuck when installing or using them? You tired of looking for a way to solve them? Followthese steps and then use them... Click Win + R keys together to openRun dialogue box. You can also...
  8. windows update getting stuck

windows update getting stuck: Windows update getting stuck at "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 status : Downloading - 100%". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-getting-stuck/d76cb1ee-457a-4c17-ba80-ec2e4415de5d
  9. Windows update gets stuck and fails

Windows update gets stuck and fails: Hi there. I have been having an issue with the Windows 2020 May Update 2004. It is very annoying because I have tried to update several times 6 or so and I always seem to get an error. It updates normally, the problem is when I restart my computer: It goes fine, but gets to...
  10. Updating gets stuck

Updating gets stuck: I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and Windows Update tells me that there are available updates. One of these is Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1. Firstly, I don't have VS 2010 on my machine - I removed it ages ago. So why does it want a service...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck on pro 1803 cant get updates