Windows 10: The update to 20H2 struck in the loop of "getting ready".

Discus and support The update to 20H2 struck in the loop of "getting ready". in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using a computer with a hard drivedynamic disk, with an MBR Partitioning system.I tried to delete the softwaredistribution and software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by santhoshs4, Jun 9, 2021.

1. The update to 20H2 struck in the loop of "getting ready".

I'm using a computer with a hard drivedynamic disk, with an MBR Partitioning system.I tried to delete the softwaredistribution and software distribution.old but to no avail.

:)

santhoshs4, Jun 9, 2021

2. Stuck in Getting Windows Ready Loop

I've tried all the suggestions listed in the community forum on the issue.

My loop started in the middle of my day, not after update. I waited two and a half hours, then turned off and tried these tips. Every time I turn it on, it returns to the loop.

What can I do?

Linda

Hockeymom 18, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Getting your updates ready-loop?

Hi folks,

I have downloaded the October 1809 update through update assistant (not made ISO) and been running it for last hour now. It is at stage getting your updates ready, but it does seem to be looping with this, finishing and restarting getting updates ready again as I can see it finishing to 100% and then restarting the percentage count again?

Normal or what?

Thanks for any advice

donegaljoe, Jun 9, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

The update to 20H2 struck in the loop of "getting ready".

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

The update to 20H2 struck in the loop of "getting ready".

1. The update to 20H2 struck in the loop of "getting ready". - Similar Threads - update 20H2 struck

2. Stuck on a loop getting windows ready then restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on a loop getting windows ready then restarting: When I turn off or restart my notebook, I get the "getting windows ready" message and it restarts again. This keeps going forever,what should i do?Obs: I can get it to start if i turn it off, press the on/off button for 30 seconds, remove the power cord, plug it on and then...
  3. Getting Windows Ready - Restart Loop

Getting Windows Ready - Restart Loop: Woke up to the following on my computer...Getting Windows Ready - Don't Turn Off Your Computerand then after a few seconds it says ....Restartingand it looks like it does - the Dell logo comes up but then the whole process starts againHelp!...
  4. windows update getting ready

windows update getting ready: so my pc is weird, when I unplug my xbox one controller and try to reconnect it, it will just blink and flash unless I restart my computer & do windows update. However, this time when I did my windows update it is stuck on the screen and shuts down my computer without...
  5. updating to 20H2 now stuck in reboot loop

updating to 20H2 now stuck in reboot loop: Asus M4A88TD-Evo mb, AMD PH-II X6 10555T, 4Gb of DDR3 RAM attempted to up date from Win 10 Pro 64 ver 1909.to 20H2. First install failed, second reached about 90% of install and the went into a continuous loop of restart. the Asus mb comes with "Express Gate by Splash Top"...
  6. My PC Is Struck At Booting Loop For 1Hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC Is Struck At Booting Loop For 1Hour: My PC Is Struck At Booting Loop For An Hour Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-struck-at-booting-loop-for-1hour/1191c904-5a66-482d-b08f-fe4c4a50bf70
  7. Getting windows ready looping

Getting windows ready looping: Hi, I am Phoenix. My laptop was updating and it was taking a long time, so I power reseted computer but it's still getting windows ready. And I restarted couple of times but still getting windows ready. Also I tried to press F8 while starting PC, But It says BCD is not...
  8. "Getting windows ready" loop

"Getting windows ready" loop: I previously had this error and reset my pc, I tried to restart immediately more than 10 times, but it did not work and I started as safe mode but it shows bluescreen, and I don't have any choice to do....
  9. Getting your updates ready-loop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting your updates ready-loop?: Hi folks, I have downloaded the October 1809 update through update assistant (not made ISO) and been running it for last hour now. It is at stage getting your updates ready, but it does seem to be looping with this, finishing and restarting getting updates ready again as I...
  10. Getting your updates ready-loop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting your updates ready-loop?: Hi folks, I have downloaded the October 1809 update through update assistant (not made ISO) and been running it for last hour now. It is at stage getting your updates ready, but it does seem to be looping with this, finishing and restarting getting updates ready again as I...