Windows 10: The update to v. 1909 has disappeared from my update screen

Discus and support The update to v. 1909 has disappeared from my update screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently reset my computer and when I updated, it only updated to v. 1903. The update to 1909 was on the update screen, but I didn't do it right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by da2591, Jan 20, 2020.

1. da2591 Win User

The update to v. 1909 has disappeared from my update screen

I recently reset my computer and when I updated, it only updated to v. 1903. The update to 1909 was on the update screen, but I didn't do it right away, and now it's gone. I've read this may have to do with a compatibility problem, but if so, why was it there in the first place?

I also read that 1909 had security problems, so have you just pulled it until they are fixed? I'd just like to know why it isn't available for me anymore.

I'm getting all my 1903 updates regularly.

:)

da2591, Jan 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Black Screen During Driver Update The update to v. 1909 has disappeared from my update screen :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Jan 20, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. The update to v. 1909 has disappeared from my update screen - Similar Threads - update 1909 has

2. My cursor has disappeared from my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cursor has disappeared from my screen.: The touch pad just isn't working, all the other parts of the keyboard are though. I somehow managed to restart my laptop by navigating with the arrow buttons alone, but it's very inconvenient. I don't use a separate mouse pad....
  3. My cursor has disappeared from my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor has disappeared from my screen.: The touch pad just isn't working, all the other parts of the keyboard are though. I somehow managed to restart my laptop by navigating with the arrow buttons alone, but it's very inconvenient. I don't use a separate mouse pad....
  4. my web camera has disappeared from my computer after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my web camera has disappeared from my computer after update: my camera can not be found on my pc after an update on windows 10. looked in device manager tried to update drivers also tried installing a new web cam by adding legacy hardware but will not let me puzzled....
  5. My mouse pointer has disappeared from the screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse pointer has disappeared from the screen.: My mouse pointer has disappeared from the screen : I can only use the touch screen. Help! Where did it go?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-pointer-has-disappeared-from-the-screen/90bcf319-d2a2-40f3-b836-1bafd6fd126b
  6. Updating Windows Pro v. 1809 to 1909

Updating Windows Pro v. 1809 to 1909: I get to about 90% and update process freezes. Get Error Code: 0X80070652. What does it mean and what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-windows-pro-v-1809-to-1909/61929c3a-ed4f-4f9c-b836-c9102a676729
  7. Auto Update to v 1909 not working

Auto Update to v 1909 not working: I got my laptop about a year ago and currently running Windows 10 - version 1809. It tried to automatically update to the 1903 version when it came out, but it kept failing and now it is trying to automatically update to 1909 but again - will not work. How can I fix this...
  8. Update history has disappeared

Update history has disappeared: I did a clean legal install of Win10 on Jan 6, 2020. Updates were immediately dowloaded including the features update 1909. Since then updates have been dowloading and installing normally and showing up in "installed updates". Today I looked at "installed updates" and...
  9. Update to 1909 has disappeared from update list

Update to 1909 has disappeared from update list: I'm in the process of updating computers in my departments. Wednesday 1/15 I was able to run the windows update on a few computers and get the 1909 update. Since Thursday 1/16, 1909 is not even showing up as an option....
  10. update 1909 has ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    update 1909 has ruined my laptop: My computer was working just fine before this week's Windows 10 update. Now, almost nothing works and everything is painfully slow. All programs, but especially all browsers and internet connections. Is there some setting or security feature that came with this update that...