Windows 10: The updates are killing my computers. How do I take back control over my own PC?

Discus and support The updates are killing my computers. How do I take back control over my own PC? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's an invasion of privacy. Why can Microsoft download things into my computer without my permission? I should have the right to decide what goes into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kimspearbecker, Jul 20, 2018.

1. The updates are killing my computers. How do I take back control over my own PC?

It's an invasion of privacy. Why can Microsoft download things into my computer without my permission? I should have the right to decide what goes into my computer and what doesn't. They refuse to let us turn the updates off and I can't restore my system past the last update. These useless updates took out my hard drive and after paying $230 to get it fixed. Got it back last week, it was running like a top, now after the last update I can no longer open images and photos from my photo files. With every update my computer runs slower and more things stop working. There's been at least three laptops now that get sicker and sicker after each update until finally they stop working altogether. Keep the lawsuits coming.

:)

kimspearbecker, Jul 20, 2018

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Oct 16, 2018
  3. XBOX One Controller Triggers Not Resposive (On PC)

Hi Cruxin,

An outdated controller is one of the potential reasons why your Xbox One controller triggers do not work. For me to properly assist you with this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were you able to use the controller without any issues before?
    • Have you tried using the controller on a different computer?

In the meantime, I suggest that you update your Xbox One controller. To do this, you may follow the steps on the link below:

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

The updates are killing my computers. How do I take back control over my own PC?

Windows 10 Update killed my computer

We appreciate the information.

As previously suggested,
    start the PC in safe mode
    to check what could be causing the problem. To get to safe mode, you need to access the recovery options in Windows 10.

If your PC takes you to the sign-in screen before it becomes unresponsive, you can restart it by clicking the power icon while pressing the Shift key on the keyboard. If that method doesn't work, you can hard reset your computer. A hard reset is performed
    by unplugging the power cord as you boot your PC up. This may need to be executed a few times before the computer takes you to the recovery environment where recovery options are available. Once you are taken to the recovery options, follow these steps:

• Choose Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Go to Start-up Settings.
    • Press F4 to select the Enable Safe Mode option.
    • Sign in to your account.

From there, you can check the updates that were installed in Windows Update.

Let us know if you're successful in performing the suggestions above.

Ruz San, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

The updates are killing my computers. How do I take back control over my own PC?

1. The updates are killing my computers. How do I take back control over my own PC? - Similar Threads - updates are killing

2. How do I take control of my PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I take control of my PC?: I recently took SSD from my old laptop and put it in my motherboard. It won't let me delete everything so I can use it has extra storage. I'm the only person on this computer so you'd think I my profile would be allowed to do anything. I'm not loading Windows from the SSD, I...
  3. How do I take control of my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I take control of my PC?: I recently took SSD from my old laptop and put it in my motherboard. It won't let me delete everything so I can use it has extra storage. I'm the only person on this computer so you'd think I my profile would be allowed to do anything. I'm not loading Windows from the SSD, I...
  4. How do I take control of my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox controller update killed my computer!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox controller update killed my computer!: HiI bought a new HP computer in July with Intel i7 and 16gb ram, which has been super speedy. I have been using an Xbox Bluetooth controller to play games, but had some issues where the connection kept dropping.I installed the Xbox accessories app, and it asked me to update...
  6. How do I take control of my PC BACK from Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I take control of my PC BACK from Win 10?: Microsoft keeps changing my personal folders from the drive where I want them to some cloud space called OneDrive that I have ZERO interest in. All of my folder settings keep getting reverted to the LEAST EFFICIENT way to view them large icons ?! None of the changes I make...
  7. How Do I Stop Windows 10 from Taking Over my Computer

How Do I Stop Windows 10 from Taking Over my Computer: Windows 10 will suddenly start using all resources available. I've at times had to put it to sleep or shut it off to make it stop. I just switched off automated updates trying to protect my computer from the near 100% resource use. It completely takes over. Going to Task...
  8. How do I regain control over my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I regain control over my computer?: Every time I boot up, Windows tries to access bing.com. Why? I don't know. Then Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant (wlidsvc) tries to log me in to login.live.com (I do not use nor want to use a Microsoft account). Then it tries to log me into Windows Insider Service, which I...
  9. How do I know if someone is trying to take over my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I know if someone is trying to take over my computer.: Lately when I have been working on it all of a sudden I don't have control of my mouse. It seems to just be going around and I can't get it to work. Also a square comes up in the middle of my screen with a lot of language I don't understand. I am not a technical person at...
  10. Update killed my computer!

Update killed my computer!: So after one of your wonderful Windows updates on my Asus Zenbook Flip, it went to a blue screen and said it had to restart. The laptop shut down and now it's completely dead...no lights, no charging, no nothing. What the heck did you do Microsoft...this is my lifeline for...