Windows 10: the updates of the past 3 moths have been failing (error 0x8007000d)

Discus and support the updates of the past 3 moths have been failing (error 0x8007000d) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i have tried dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth with no outcome 89636 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MasterAndreas, Jul 22, 2017.

1. the updates of the past 3 moths have been failing (error 0x8007000d)

i have tried
    dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

with no outcome

:)

MasterAndreas, Jul 22, 2017

2. For the past 2-3 weeks,I have been unable to receive e-mails.I keep receiving a message:Not synced yet in Windows 10.

<Original Title: E-mails>

For the past 2-3 weeks,I have been unable to receive e-mails.I keep receiving a message:Not synced yet.Also,during the same period of time,I could not do a Google search.What do I need to do so I can go back to receiving e-mails & be able to do Google searches?

EliotDorfman, Jul 22, 2017
  3. Arun B J Win User
    For the past 2-3 weeks,I have been unable to receive e-mails.I keep receiving a message:Not synced yet in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• How are you trying to access your Email?

• Are you using Mail app or Outlook client?

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jul 22, 2017
  4. n2ubp Win User

the updates of the past 3 moths have been failing (error 0x8007000d)

When updates failed for me I looked up the failing KBxxxx number, manually downloaded and installed the update and this seemed to correct the problem for future automatic updates.

n2ubp, Jul 23, 2017
  5. just did that and it still failed

MasterAndreas, Jul 24, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey MasterAndreas,
    Have you tried Windows Update Troubleshoot ?
    Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot (on the left) > Windows Update

You can also try to delete everything in the following folder.
    Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ and delete everything in it, then manually check for updates.
    Note: Do NOT delete the Download folder itself, only what's in it !

Eagle51, Jul 24, 2017
  7. tried both still did not update

MasterAndreas, Jul 25, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan

4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...indows-10.aspx

7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

8) Uninstall or turn off any antivirus program except windows defender

9) remove all non-essential hardware from the computer including printer

10) make sure that if you are using an internet metered connection that the meter is turned off

11) run the windows update troubleshooter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter

12) run through this list too: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-update-errors

13) perform windows updates in clean boot

14) post any failed KB# with error code into the thread

15) in the left lower corner search type winver and in the pop up about windows view the windows version and build. Post this information, version and build, into the thread

16) open the microsoft catalog: Microsoft Update Catalog

17) attempt to download manually any failed KB# while in clean boot, with non-Microsoft malware off or uninstalled, and with are non-essential hardware removed from the computer

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-update-faq
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-update-errors
    This is an older windows update troubleshooter but it specifically lists the error that you displayed:
    The following list provides an overview of the tasks that the Windows Update Troubleshooter performs:
    DIAG_WindowsUpdate - Detects problems that may prevent you from keeping your computer up to date.
    RC_ DataStore - Detects the following potential Windows Update Database errors:
    0x80070002
    0x8007000D
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter

If all of the above fail there are more troubleshooting steps.

zbook, Jul 25, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    The cbs log does display that the corruption was fixed. That was a long time for it to run and that may have been what prevented the windows updates. But continue with each of the steps so that things that can potentially interfere with updates are addressed.
    Please display the dism and chkdsk results and the progress with the other commands.

zbook, Jul 26, 2017
  10. Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.14393.0

Image Version: 10.0.14393.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\System32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Shadow copying the specified volume is not supported.

A snapshot error occured while scanning this drive. Run an offline scan and fix.

also part 5 was already done
    i cant see anything in the startup tab in TAKSMR.exe even thought some do auto start

the updates of the past 3 moths have been failing (error 0x8007000d) [​IMG]

MasterAndreas, Jul 27, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    See if you can perform these steps:
    1) open administrative command prompt
    2) type or copy and paste: chkdsk /x /f /r

You should see:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

Type Y

Then reboot and allow the chkdsk command to run. It may take hours depending on the size of the drive and the amount of drive file corruption. So plan to run the chkdsk command overnight.

In the morning when the chkdsk has completed open administrative command prompt and copy and paste these commands: (all of the commands can be run at one time)

Net stop bits
    Net stop wuauserv
    Net stop appidsvc
    Net stop cryptsvc
    Del %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat /Q
    Del "%HOMEDRIVE%\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat" /Q
    Del %WINDIR%\SoftwareDistribution\*.* /s /Q
    Net start bits
    Net start wuauserv
    Net start appidsvc
    Net start cryptsvc

Then attempt windows updates.

If windows updates is successful the troubleshooting is completed.

If windows updates fails proceed to the next steps:

1) Please create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    2) Create a brand new restore point.
    3) Create a backup image using Macrium: Macrium Software | Your image is everything
    4) Make sure the backup image is on a drive other than the affected drive.
    5) perform an in place upgrade repair using the bootable windows 10 iso.

Method to perform an in place upgrade repair:
    1) power on the computer > boot to desktop > open file explorer > click this PC > click local disk
    2) insert the bootable windows 10 iso flash drive into any USB port
    3) identify the windows 10 iso within file explorer > click on the file > look for setup or setup.exe > launch it
    4) choose language, time, currency, and keyboard
    5) do not click on install as this it the method for a clean install where you delete partitions, format the drive, create an unallocated drive, and install a new version of windows.
    6) look in the left lower corner and click on repair your computer
    7) follow the steps in this link: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Jul 27, 2017
  12. the updates of the past 3 moths have been failing (error 0x8007000d)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r

what does the command do btw?

MasterAndreas, Jul 28, 2017
  13. zbook New Member
    Whenever you perform chkdsk you have a choice: while the computer is in active use or when the drive is locked for scanning. The locking of the drive for scanning is substantially better but there can be long periods of time in which it is scanning and the computer cannot be used. So you will enter Y when you plan to reboot and not have access to the computer for at least 8 hours. This way the computer drive is being scanned and repaired while you are sleeping or away from the computer.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r

Type: Y
    Then reboot
    You must plan no use of the computer for a long period of time for HD and a short period of time for SSD.

zbook, Jul 28, 2017
  14. does the command affect my non-NTFS partions in any way? i have a EXT4 partion there too

MasterAndreas, Jul 29, 2017
Thema:

1. the updates of the past 3 moths have been failing (error 0x8007000d) - Similar Threads - updates past moths

2. Security update for windows 10 x64 22H2 fails KB5034441 failed for the past 2 moths.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security update for windows 10 x64 22H2 fails KB5034441 failed for the past 2 moths.: Hello,I have a desktop system no windows recovery partition with windows 10 x32 22H2 as well as windows 10 x64 22H2, Windows 10 x32 worked after fixing winRE, but windows 10 x64 winRE path points to some other location? I extracted Winre.wim, copied in to recovery folder then...
  3. Security update for windows 10 x64 22H2 fails KB5034441 failed for the past 2 moths.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security update for windows 10 x64 22H2 fails KB5034441 failed for the past 2 moths.: Hello,I have a desktop system no windows recovery partition with windows 10 x32 22H2 as well as windows 10 x64 22H2, Windows 10 x32 worked after fixing winRE, but windows 10 x64 winRE path points to some other location? I extracted Winre.wim, copied in to recovery folder then...
  4. Security update for windows 10 x64 22H2 fails KB5034441 failed for the past 2 moths.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update Fails Error code: 0x8007000d

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Fails Error code: 0x8007000d: So for a few days i have been trying to update my Windows 10The update: 2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5016616And i keep getting this error message: Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update...
  6. Windows Update Fails Error code: 0x8007000d

Windows Update Fails Error code: 0x8007000d: So for a few days i have been trying to update my Windows 10The update: 2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5016616And i keep getting this error message: Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update...
  7. Failed to install update KB5001330 - Error 0x8007000d

Failed to install update KB5001330 - Error 0x8007000d: Error 0x8007000d when attempting to install KB5001330 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems No issues with DISM and SFC is fine. Other updates have installed fine. Below is the end of my CBS.log if it helps....
  8. Windows Update Continuously fails "error 0x8007000d"

Windows Update Continuously fails "error 0x8007000d": I've been trying to install Windows Update 2004 for x64 Systems KB4596242, but I keep getting the following error message every single time. [ATTACH] Thinking that it was a corrupt download, I cleaned out Windows/Software Distribution to force Update to redownload which...
  9. Update error 0x8007000d

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update error 0x8007000d: I noticed this issue last week, I've tried the DSIM.exe and the SFC /scannow. And none of them worked Should I consider Factory resetting my PC??? If u have solutions please help, My windows version is 2004 and OS build is 19041.630 submitted by /u/_6ix9er_ [link]...
  10. Update Error 0x8007000d

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update Error 0x8007000d: I noticed this issue last week, I've tried the DSIM.exe and the SFC /scannow. And none of them worked Should I consider Factory resetting my PC??? If u have solutions please help, My windows version is 2004 and OS build is 19041.630 submitted by /u/_6ix9er_ [link]...
Tags: