Windows 10: The usable ram is less than installed ram

Discus and support The usable ram is less than installed ram in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can some one help me here! I just upgraded my laptop with SSD and RAM I used to have 4GB of ram so I changed it with 8GB stick, My laptop has only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Khaja Mohiddin Shaik, Sep 30, 2020.

1. The usable ram is less than installed ram

Can some one help me here!

I just upgraded my laptop with SSD and RAM

I used to have 4GB of ram so I changed it with 8GB stick, My laptop has only one slot for RAM after changing now it is showing that the usable memory is only 6.89 GB can anyone tell me what is going on ? and is it for good or else it's just wasting the memory

The usable ram is less than installed ram 1ab49cc1-585d-44ef-b054-8b360f0648b0?upload=true.png

:)

Khaja Mohiddin Shaik, Sep 30, 2020
  2. kressnik Win User

Usable RAM

The RAM is recognized. In BIOS it shows exact amount installed, Windows also shows exact amount installed but limits usable RAM.

kressnik, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Newly installed RAM is not usable.

I had 2 gb ram during windows 10 upgrade. I added 1 gb new ram. Now it is showing Installed ram is 3 gb but usable only 1.68 gb. My os s 32 bit. Please help to make it use all the 3gb ram.

Piyali Sen, Sep 30, 2020
  4. prashii Win User

The usable ram is less than installed ram

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

The usable ram is less than installed ram

1. The usable ram is less than installed ram - Similar Threads - usable ram less

2. Less usable ram!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Less usable ram!: My computer has 2GB of ram but whenever I look at the task manager its maximum is 800 MB I tried the MSConfig trick Nothing changes And tried the bios settings i can't find it My computer is very very slow. I can only open 3 tabs in Microsoft edge. I can only open 2 windows...
  3. 8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable

8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable: i just used the recovery option in my pc and it seems that windows doesn't use all my ram i tried going to ms config and then boot setting but didn't work any other fix??...
  4. Usable RAM reported is much lower than available RAM

Usable RAM reported is much lower than available RAM: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. It recognizes my 8 GB of RAM but only shows 2.93 GB as usable. I went on line used the suggested msconfig to change the maximum memory in the advanced boot settings to 8192. it was set at 0. I also went into system settings and turned...
  5. Showing less RAM than is installed.

Showing less RAM than is installed.: I have installed 16g of RAM in my computer. It is only showing 12g on Task Manager. My mother board will accept 32g. I am running Windows 10. What can I do to recover my 4g?...
  6. usaeable ram less than installed ram

usaeable ram less than installed ram: hi. so i got this problem since a couple of months ago i got an asus vivobook x505za powered with ryzen 3 2200u with vega 3 graphics i got 6gb ddr4 2400mhz of ram but only 5gb of it is useable and the remaining 1gb is set as hardware reserved memory i tried to fix it...
  7. My Usable RAM is much LOWER than actual ram

My Usable RAM is much LOWER than actual ram: Hello! So, I've a very strange problem. I've HP Notebook and it was working fine but just recently it's giving me a very unusual type of error. I've 6 GB total installed RAM on my laptop but now it shows that only 1.69 GB is usable and the rest is Hardware Reserved. I tried...
  8. Less ram usable

Less ram usable: Hello i have a pc with 8 gb ram installed as two sticks of 4gb. Windows 10 only sees 4gb and 2.85 gb is usable. The bios sees that their is 8gb installed. I have a older i3 cpu and a AMD Radeon 7700 graphics card (4gb) Could someone tell me how to fix this or if one of...
  9. Less Usable RAM available

Less Usable RAM available: I have 4 GB of installed RAM but i had only 3.47 GB of RAM usable. After I reinstalled my windows (i updated it) it shows only 2.98 GB of Ram usable. Why? How may i fix it?...
  10. installed ram vs usable ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installed ram vs usable ram: Hello, I have a problem, i clean installed windows 10 education, i have 6 GB of RAM and only 4.96 GB RAM is usable. I went and unchecked max memory, and it's still at 4.96 GB usable. Any solution? 68901