Windows 10: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed

Discus and support The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Was running the USB Troubleshooter and got the following error message: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheBusFlyer, Apr 4, 2019.

1. The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed

Hello everyone,

Was running the USB Troubleshooter and got the following error message: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed.
    All links give the following solution:

1) Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    2) Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3) Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    4) Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

However, as soon as I uninstall " HUB USB Racine (USB 3.0) " (computer is in french and have no idea how to translate that...), I lose both my keyboard and my mouse. I then forced shut down my computer as I could not do anything...while turning it back on, I could not even type in my password as keyboard/mouse were still not working. I hopefully managed to recover them, by changing the USB Port they were connected to.

However, I still would like to solve this problem...and run the troubleshooter. Any other options?

Thanks a lot

:)

TheBusFlyer, Apr 4, 2019

2. This usb controller is in a failed state

Hi,

To further assist you regarding the USB controller, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and follow the steps provided by KomouPoji.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 4, 2019
  3. The usb controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed?

I'm trying to transfer some media from my GoPro Hero 5 and realized my computer isn't recognizing it as a device. So to test if it was my GoPro or computer, I plugged in my old Samsung Galaxy S4 and downloaded the drivers for it and my computer wouldn't
    show it to me as a driver. I tried running the troubleshooter and I got "The USB controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed. The USB controller must be installed or in a working state for this troubleshooter to run", as a response. As usual
    I googled my problem and found a couple of possible solutions and after trying the majority of them, I am still having the same issue. Can anyone think of something I might have missed? If so please let me know!

Hector_Alv, Apr 4, 2019
  4. The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed

The USB Controller Is In a Failed State

Hi there!

HP Compaq Presario CQ57

Windows 10

4.00 GB RAM

5.00 GB HDD

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B800 @ 1.50 GHz

After I updated my laptop with the Windows 10 1st, Anniverssary Update some of my apps stop working and some others were unistalled. Windows Store was unable to fix them. After a few day of searching for a solution in the WEB to no avail, I decided to format
    the unit. I used the built-in feature. The update wizard toll me that the system was unable to undo the changes but it offered two options, to keep my files or to do a complete clean-up, I chose the second one. Everything ran perfectly to successfully install.

Due to comfort and convenience I use an external USB keyboard and a USB mouse, but when I tried to use them just after I formatted the laptop they didn't work. THE USB CONTROLLER is not showing in the DEVICE MANAGEMENT so refresh
    is not an option.I tried to install them manually but it didn't work. Windows Update fail to install (Intel - Other Hardware - Interl(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C2D - Error 0x800f0219) I
    looked for the error code solutions nut none of the metods I could found worked.

AMONG OTHERS, I HAVE TRIED THIS:

I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers from the device manager and then re-install it.

You may also try to refresh device manager and check if it helps:

a. Click on Start and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes), and then Enter. The Device Manager window opens.

b. Click to select your computer as the location for the scan.

c. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

d. Close the Device Manager window and restart the computer.

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers:

a. Click on Start, and then click on
    Run.

b. Type “devmgmt.msc”
    without quotes, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.

c. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

I ran the USB troubleshooter and automatic fix and also results in an error:

"the usb controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed"

No device connected to the USB port works but the power charger

I will keep searching through the WEB while I wait for an answer.

PS I have tried almost every popular metod to no success!

Thanks in advance.

Jesus Buelna, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed

1. The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed - Similar Threads - USB Controller Failed

2. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller failed: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Driver failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-xhci-compliant-host-controller-failed/bf6227f7-d6db-4ada-baae-b590943ea76b
  3. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  4. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  5. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. WinUSB- The USB controller is in a failed state...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WinUSB- The USB controller is in a failed state...: Hi,I was wondering, why does WinUSB give me this error when Im trying to check for usb errors?Everything seems to be ok under device manager and devices all work properly as well. Should I just ignore it?Im using Win10 Pro....
  7. USB controller is in a failed state or is not nstalled

USB controller is in a failed state or is not nstalled: HP 15 Laptop Windows 10 Home 64-bit Intel Celeron N2840 @2.16 GHz RAM: 4.00 GB 3.89 GB usable 64 bit O/S, 64 bit processor I just purchased a USB device camera, and I need to connect it to my computer via USB. When I plug it into a USB port, I receive no error message,...
  8. The USB Controller is in a failed state or not currently installed

The USB Controller is in a failed state or not currently installed: My phone can't connect to my Windows 10 computer and the Windows USB Troubleshooter says "The USB Controller is in a failed state or not currently installed. I've tried uninstalling all the USB controllers in Device Manager, including the hidden ones, and rebooting so they...
  9. The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed

The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed: Hello everyone, Was running the USB Troubleshooter and got the following error message: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed. All links give the following solution: 1) Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens. 2) Expand...
  10. Error: The USB Controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: The USB Controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed: Hello everyone, Was running the USB Troubleshooter and got the following error message: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed. All links give the following solution: 1) Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens. 2) Expand...