Windows 10: the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder

Discus and support the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I run the task scheduler it shows a folder for 'MySQL' with a subfolder for 'Installer' which contains a task called 'ManifestUpdate'. This runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tony32, Oct 21, 2020.

1. tony32 Win User

the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder

When I run the task scheduler it shows a folder for 'MySQL' with a subfolder for 'Installer' which contains a task called 'ManifestUpdate'. This runs at midnight every night. This was created a long time ago, but since the latest update to Windows 10 this entry has been causing problems. Whenever I run the MySQL Installer program it checks to see if this entry exists in the task scheduler, but it always hangs. I have tried to delete and recreate this entry, but although I can delete the task I cannot delete the task folders as it keeps coming up with the message "the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder". I have tried various "fixes" I have found on the web, including the following:

1 Deleting entries from the 'Tasks_Migrated' Folder.

2 Manually deleting the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\MySQL folder.

Even though I have tried rebooting after each of the above actions when I run the Task Scheduler again the MySQL\Installer folders reappear, and I cannot delete them. They also reappear in the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks folder.

I have exactly the same setup on a second PC which does not exhibit any problems, and I have tried exporting this task to an XML file, but when I try to import it into my first PC I get the error "The format of the task is not valid. The following error was reported: 1,2::ERROR: one root element".

Why can I delete the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\MySQL folder from within the file explorer, but not the Task Scheduler?

Why does this folder reappear when I run the Task Scheduler after deleting it in the file system? How does it get recreated?

Why can't I import this task into this PC from a perfectly valid task which I have exported from another PC with a duplicate setup?

:)

tony32, Oct 21, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. the user account does not have permission to delete this task folder - Similar Threads - user account does

2. Dont have permission to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dont have permission to delete folder.: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  3. Dont have permission to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to delete folder.: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  4. Dont have permission to delete folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dont have permission to delete folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dont have permission to delete folder: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  6. Dont have permission to delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to delete folder: Ive been trying to delete a folder in a spotify folder to do a clean install, but i dont have permission to delete the folder. Ive booted into safe mode and tried to delete it, still nothing. Gave myself ownership of the folder but still needed permission. Tried to delete the...
  7. Dont have permission to delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. The user account you are operating under does not have permission to enable this task

in Windows 10 Customization
    The user account you are operating under does not have permission to enable this task: I already am administator on this account. I checked by typing CMD and "net user administrator" says YES. But im trying to make changes to task scheduler to not have my computer wake up in the middle of the night to install updates but it wont let me. This is where the...
  9. The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task.: Attempts to disable or modify any task in Task Scheduler results in "The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task."; even though my user account has Administrator privileges. I have created a new task; it works correctly and I can...
  10. User account does not have permission to modify tasks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account does not have permission to modify tasks: Since upgrading to Windows 10 only one of my scheduled tasks seems to work. I cannot edit a current task or create a new one as I get the following error message: "Task scheduler cannot apply your changes. The user account is unknown, the password is incorrect, or the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler the user account does not have permission to delete this folder