Windows 10: The "user" file on my previous boot drive wount load

Discus and support The "user" file on my previous boot drive wount load in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So recently I Have gone from a HDD to a M.2 SSD and I had some troubles with the detection of the HDD but it was resolved after I unpaired the intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by martinduran2, Apr 20, 2021.

1. The "user" file on my previous boot drive wount load

So recently I Have gone from a HDD to a M.2 SSD and I had some troubles with the detection of the HDD but it was resolved after I unpaired the intel optane and the HDD. but anyway I tried to get my important files from the HDD which i had stored on the desktop. I double clicked the user folder on disk D my HDD and up until half way it was going pretty ok but the further it loaded the slower it got up until it basically stopped.

I am running the latest and pretty much freshly installed 64bit version of windows 10 Home

I'm on a Acer nitro 5 2018 version and I have already restarted my computer

I hope the information i gave will be helpful in solving my issue.

And sorry if my grammar was a bit off its 1:30 in the morning and I'm not even a native English speaker

:)

martinduran2, Apr 20, 2021
  2. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Progress .... thanks to you!

Booted from Recovery Drive, opened Terminal and followed Option 5 steps until Step 8 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Account\Users\000001F4

There are no other folders in REM_SAM There are all there in SAM but nothing in REM_SAM

- - - Updated - - -

Followed Option 5 steps, making sure to go to correct windows installation, selected the SAM file, and, in the Load Hive dialog, type REM_SAM, and click/tap on OK.
    So far, so good.
    However, when I try to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Account\Users\000001F4, there is nothing there.
    In fact, there is nothing under REM_SAM.
    Any suggestions?

jimbobs, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows : The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

On the previous troubleshooting steps that we provided, are you able to see the advanced recovery interface? If yes, we suggest that you enable the built-in Administrator from Windows Recovery Environment. Here are the steps on how we can enable the built-in
    Administrator to help you create another user account:

• Open a Command Prompt at boot. (Steps provided above)
    • In the Command Prompt, type regedit and press Enter.
    • Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on the left side of the Registry Editor.
    • Go to File menu and choose load hive option.
      It will open a new window, navigate to the drive where your Operating System is installed and go to
      <boot partition>\Windows\System32\config.
    • Choose your user account file (i.e. SAM) and click Open.
    • You'll be prompt with a Key Name box, type any name that you want to use. (i.e. REM_SAM)
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Accounts\Users\000001F4 key and double click on string
      F on the right side of the window.
    • It will open an Edit Binary Value table with hexadecimal numbers.
    • In this table find number 11 (8th line,first column in table).
      Select it, backspace and change it to 10.
    • Close table and the whole regedit. Restart your computer.

The "user" file on my previous boot drive wount load 03ca7448-77f3-497f-8753-45dc84bb0118.png

The "user" file on my previous boot drive wount load 46a9e085-aae4-4439-940d-1cdd7fb31e9b.png

Attached are the images for steps 7 and 9. We suggest that you create a new user account while using the built-in Administrator account.

Note: Kindly disable built-in Administrator account after creating a new user account since it's not suitable for daily use.

• On a Command Prompt, type in:
    net user administrator /active:no

• Press Enter and exit out of the Command Prompt.

Let us know if you need further assistance about this concern.

Xylee Del, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

The "user" file on my previous boot drive wount load

Boot files not loaded

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you update the graphics driver. You may visit the manufacturer's support site to find the latest graphics driver.

You can also run the System File Check tool to check if there is system file corruption.
    To run the tool, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Startbutton, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

The "user" file on my previous boot drive wount load

1. The "user" file on my previous boot drive wount load - Similar Threads - user file previous

2. Moved Windows 10 on SSDUSB boot kit but it didnt load my previous user settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved Windows 10 on SSDUSB boot kit but it didnt load my previous user settings: So I just installed a new SSD I have a 1tb hdd, how can I load back my old user settings? All of my files are intact on the other HDD, I just need to make windows 10 from the SSD to read those user files, but how?...
  3. Moved Windows 10 on SSDUSB boot kit but it didnt load my previous user settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved Windows 10 on SSDUSB boot kit but it didnt load my previous user settings: So I just installed a new SSD I have a 1tb hdd, how can I load back my old user settings? All of my files are intact on the other HDD, I just need to make windows 10 from the SSD to read those user files, but how?...
  4. Moved Windows 10 on SSDUSB boot kit but it didnt load my previous user settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restore previous boot drive in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore previous boot drive in windows 10?: Hi there.I installed a new SSD into my PC in January and cloned my current HDD onto it. I set the SSD as my bootable drive in the BIOS and all was good. Today I flashed the BIOS firmware and tried enabling secure boot etc. ready for windows 11. I also ran a windows memory...
  6. Restore previous boot drive in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore previous boot drive in windows 10?: Hi there.I installed a new SSD into my PC in January and cloned my current HDD onto it. I set the SSD as my bootable drive in the BIOS and all was good. Today I flashed the BIOS firmware and tried enabling secure boot etc. ready for windows 11. I also ran a windows memory...
  7. Restore previous boot drive in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't access "user" files on hard drive from previous computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access "user" files on hard drive from previous computer: I had a laptop with windows 10, motherboard issues. Got a new laptop with windows 10. I used USB to SATA cable to attach to old hard drive. I can see folders in old hard drive and could move some data. Can't access "users" data. I have tried giving permissions, sharing...
  9. How to prevent previous user profile loading in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to prevent previous user profile loading in Windows 10: Hi, This is a (weird) variant of 'prevent auto logon in windows 10'. I have 6 user accounts on my laptop (4 kids and 2 parents having admin rights). All users are password protected and I have also checked the box in netplwiz that requires all accounts to enter a password...
  10. Recover User files from a previous computer hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recover User files from a previous computer hard drive: I did a search for answers to my problem and didn’t find what I needed. I apologize in advance, but I am desperate to recover my data. Sorry for the long post but here is the history leading to my problem. Recently MS did an update to my Windows 10 (believe 1703?). After that...