Windows 10: The user ID you entered does not exist – Microsoft account error

Discus and support The user ID you entered does not exist – Microsoft account error in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]A lot of users have reported the error The user ID you entered does […] This article The user ID you entered does not exist – Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

The user ID you entered does not exist – Microsoft account error

WinClub, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown The user ID you entered does not exist – Microsoft account error :(

Zakin, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 11, 2021
  4. DarWun Win User

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. The user ID you entered does not exist – Microsoft account error - Similar Threads - user entered does

2. The Microsoft account you've entered does not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft account you've entered does not exist.: my account was hacked a long time ago but now i have stuff still linked to said email and cant access it to change said email or prove im the owner please help me recovery it so i can get my stuff sorted......
  3. The Microsoft account you've entered does not exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Microsoft account you've entered does not exist.: my account was hacked a long time ago but now i have stuff still linked to said email and cant access it to change said email or prove im the owner please help me recovery it so i can get my stuff sorted......
  4. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  5. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  6. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. User Accounts settings does not exist.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Accounts settings does not exist.: after trying to install a game and then getting a message saying that I do not have permission to install in that folder program files x86 so I googled a solution. it said that I needed to go to User Accounts in the settings. but it doesn't exist on my pc. how do I fix this?...
  9. Error: Microsoft Account does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: Microsoft Account does not exist: I created a new Microsoft account and then purchased a game through the Microsoft store. When I try to change my PC from a local account to the new Microsoft account, it says "That account does not exist". My credit card WAS charged for the purchase of the game. What can I...
  10. User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???: I was trying to read an article from off of MSN, when I hit the link, it required me to enter my Microsoft account again, then it gave me this error message: Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft' and cannot access the application...