Windows 10: The user name or password is incorrect error on Windows 10 startup

Discus and support The user name or password is incorrect error on Windows 10 startup in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [IMG]Windows 10 comes with an inbuilt feature where it can complete an upgrade without prompting you for a password. However, at times, it may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 16, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

The user name or password is incorrect error on Windows 10 startup

WinClub, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

'incorrect user name and password'

No worries. The user name or password is incorrect error on Windows 10 startup :)

I just meant "at boot" as being before Windows startup screen after restarting the computer.

I'm glad to hear you have a workaround for now.

Just to verify, did you check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box in netplwiz and click/tap on OK to see if you still get this "incorrect user name and password" message?

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User

The netplwiz option is the same as I posted in post #2 below. If you check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box, do you still get this "incorrect user name and password" message?

Brink, Sep 16, 2019
  4. The user name or password is incorrect error on Windows 10 startup

Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

The user name or password is incorrect error on Windows 10 startup

1. The user name or password is incorrect error on Windows 10 startup - Similar Threads - user name password

2. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  3. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  4. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password Admin Account Windows 10 Home - 'The User Name Or Password Is Incorrect'.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Admin Account Windows 10 Home - 'The User Name Or Password Is Incorrect'.: Password not accepted when logging into admin account from command prompt - 'The User Name Or Password Is Incorrect'.Am using a PC running Windows 10 Home Edition....
  6. Password Admin Account Windows 10 Home - 'The User Name Or Password Is Incorrect'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Admin Account Windows 10 Home - 'The User Name Or Password Is Incorrect'.: Password not accepted when logging into admin account from command prompt - 'The User Name Or Password Is Incorrect'.Am using a PC running Windows 10 Home Edition....
  7. Password Admin Account Windows 10 Home - 'The User Name Or Password Is Incorrect'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows security window: The user name or password is incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security window: The user name or password is incorrect: Hello, Im trying to change some stuff on my computer and Windows security window pops up and asks for verification. What password I need to put in there? Admin password? I have tried many times with my microsoft store password but it does not work. Maybe something is wrong...
  9. The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen: Hi, I've installed Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10. After selecting to boot windows from grub bootloader I get a logon screen with the message: [img] When I press enter the logon process goes as usual I enter my password and login. How can I disable this...
  10. 'incorrect user name and password'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    'incorrect user name and password': I am a beginner with windows 10. When I log in I now get 'incorrect user name and password' and I see I have now got two User Accounts in my own name. How do I get rid of the wrong one? (I'm sure this has been asked many times but I couldn't find it in FAQs). Since it...