Windows 10: The User Profile Service service failed to logon. User Profile cannot be loaded (Windows...

Discus and support The User Profile Service service failed to logon. User Profile cannot be loaded (Windows... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My daughter got this message when she tried to login on the laptop. Then several more attempts at login also failed. I then logged in as... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SteveXL5, Nov 28, 2019.

1. SteveXL5 Win User

The User Profile Service service failed to logon. User Profile cannot be loaded (Windows...

My daughter got this message when she tried to login on the laptop. Then several more attempts at login also failed.

I then logged in as administrator and checked to see if the profile folders, files, and NTUSER.DAT file were there. All OK.

I tried a few things to get the login to work without success.

Then following some online advice I started to delete my daughter's folders in her profile whilst logged in the admin account.

I cancelled the delete midway because I'd forgotten to backup the folders first.

Now when I tried to login to her account the usual way using the PIN a message said 'unavailable at this time' or something similar and asked for the password instead. I could login with the password but not the PIN and the folders in the profile were gone but the NTUSER.DAT file was still there.

After logging out and on logging back in again I noticed a second, new account was now available to log into with the same password. The same user name but with text added on like this ‘username. LAPTOP-MA30I5M7’. This profile had none of the original files and folders and the folders were empty.

Now Microsoft account only lists this second, new account, but there are no parental controls. A message on family page says

‘Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-MA30I5M7 for family features to work.’

Yet she has been signing in for a couple of weeks now and time limits are not working

Two questions:

1. How do I get parental controls to start working again and

2. Is it possible to get the original profile folders and files back (I didn’t set up a restore point I’m afraid)

Since I knew the date and time of the original failed login I looked through the events logs

To see what was recorded about the login fail.

These examples were taken from the User Profile Service/Operational logs:

Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category

Error 04/11/2019 06:34:56 Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service 1502 None "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

"

Error 04/11/2019 06:34:56 Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service 1508 None "Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

for 9

Error 04/11/2019 06:34:56 Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service 1511 None Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

Error 04/11/2019 06:34:56 Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service 1515 None Windows has backed up this user profile. Windows will automatically try to use the backup profile the next time this user logs on.

Error 04/11/2019 06:35:18 Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service 1500 None "Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, and that your network is functioning correctly.

DETAIL - Access is denied.

"

This example was taken from the Winlogon log 10 minutes later:

Warning 04/11/2019 06:45:40 Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon 4006 None The Windows log-on process has failed to spawn a user application. Application name: . Command line parameters: C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe.

This example after I deleted most of the profile folders:

Error 04/11/2019 13:04:51 Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service 1542 None "Windows cannot load classes registry file.

DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified.

"

:)

SteveXL5, Nov 28, 2019

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Nov 28, 2019
  3. User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

See if this assists you.

1. Do a System Restore in Safe Mode to before the problem:

System Restore - Windows 7 Help Forums

Getting into Windows Safe Mode. Use Arrow Keys to Navigate and ENTER Key to select Mode

Getting into Windows Safe Mode

2. "Fix "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Error in Windows 7"

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Windows 7 Help Forums

3. Error message: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded”, when logging on to Windows 7 or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215/en-us

4. This may also assist you:

"Fix a corrupted user profile" in Windows 7.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14039/windows-7-fix-corrupted-user-profile

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Nov 28, 2019
  4. The User Profile Service service failed to logon. User Profile cannot be loaded (Windows...

(WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

I have a windows 10 and created a guest login. But when I try to logon, i get "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Please help. And i'm no tech so please explain
    each step

AshleyStrange, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

The User Profile Service service failed to logon. User Profile cannot be loaded (Windows...

1. The User Profile Service service failed to logon. User Profile cannot be loaded (Windows... - Similar Threads - User Profile Service

2. User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded: I recently resettled my gaming PC, so I can free up all 200GB/1TB of my space on my disks. After resetting it I was prompted with the “User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded”. I’ve seen multiple videos on how you can fix it by entering...
  3. User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded: I recently resettled my gaming PC, so I can free up all 200GB/1TB of my space on my disks. After resetting it I was prompted with the “User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded”. I’ve seen multiple videos on how you can fix it by entering...
  4. User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: Hi, I get this after I reset/cleanup my Laptop it’s a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming, I already tried to boot into safe mode but It only get stuck in a loading screen, I also don’t have any other user profile that I can boot on, I even tried to reset/cleanup my laptop for the...
  6. "The user Profile Service service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The user Profile Service service failed the sign-in. user profile cannot be loaded": I was attempting to test making a standard user account and modifying the GPEDIT settings for user settings regarding running updates.I wanted to try changing the standard user settings to allow them to install updates.So while logged in as admin I created the standard user...
  7. The User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The User profile service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: So i just reset my pc because it was running slow, when i try to log in I am hit with the error message above. I have been trying to resolve this for 4 hours by researching everything. When i try to go into safe mode all i see is a white screen with nothing but my mouse on...
  8. The User profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The User profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: In this morning. I just tried to create a new user account.And then I restarted my pclaptop.and there is the option to switch user... And then I switched and changed to my new user.. but its showing error that.... "The User Profile Service service failed to Sign-in. User...
  9. "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded."

in Windows 10 Customization
    "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.": On sign-in to WIndows 10 I get this message. From various forums includiing this one I see that I need to do something to the regedit, and to do this need to be in safe mode. However, when I go through all the motions to get to safe mode, I am always brought back to sign-in....
  10. User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.: How can I recover from this error message? I click on OK, and then see the sign on screen again prompting me to enter my MS password. Not able to login as this repeats ..... regards, . 14278