Windows 10: "The user's password must be changed before signing in." on Lock Screen - but no password...

Discus and support "The user's password must be changed before signing in." on Lock Screen - but no password... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm generally pretty good with Windows but I'm truly stumped and can't find anything online. A friend of mine just contacted me with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BillionPenny, Jan 26, 2021.

1. "The user's password must be changed before signing in." on Lock Screen - but no password...

Hi all,

I'm generally pretty good with Windows but I'm truly stumped and can't find anything online.

A friend of mine just contacted me with this issue:

He received so his custom-built PC from a reputable parts/PC store a week ago. The first time he turned it on it didn't require any account setup; it just went straight to the desktop. This in and of itself seems weird.

He hasn't set up a password since then. Every time it started up it just went straight to the desktop, without even going through the Lock Screen. He has shut down/turned back on many times since he got it.

Now, he's started up the computer and is faced with the Lock Screen and this error message:

The user's password must be changed before signing in.

The only button to press is "OK" and then it goes to a screen that asks for a "Current Password". He's never had a password on the PC but has tried everything, including possible linked Microsoft accounts and Office 365 passwords.

Is there anything he can do solve the issue short of reinstalling everything?
    (Even resetting the disk to reinstall windows is out of my knowledge area.)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer "The user's password must be changed before signing in." on Lock Screen - but no password... :)

submitted by /u/BillionPenny
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BillionPenny, Jan 26, 2021

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 26, 2021
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Jan 26, 2021
  4. "The user's password must be changed before signing in." on Lock Screen - but no password...

Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

"The user's password must be changed before signing in." on Lock Screen - but no password...

1. "The user's password must be changed before signing in." on Lock Screen - but no password... - Similar Threads - user's password must

2. User password must be changed before logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User password must be changed before logging in: Hi just bought a laptop couple of days ago, and as I remember I didnt set up a password for signing in on windows, this is a windows 11 btw, after few days of using it, on playing games, I installed MS teams, then use it for a couple of hours and then lalptop restarted,...
  3. User must change password before signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User must change password before signing in: I recently reset my laptop due to performance issues and now I’m getting a message that says user must change password before signing in I tried my Microsoft account password but it said it didn’t match I don’t know my password for my account because I’ve been using pin ever...
  4. User must change password before signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User must change password before signing in: I recently reset my laptop due to performance issues and now I’m getting a message that says user must change password before signing in I tried my Microsoft account password but it said it didn’t match I don’t know my password for my account because I’ve been using pin ever...
  5. User must change password before signing in

6. Can’t log in, “The user’s password must be changed before signing in.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log in, “The user’s password must be changed before signing in.”: I get the above prompt when trying to sign in. I’ve tried various solutions online. When I just leave the password blank and press “enter”, I get “Unable to update the password. The value provided for the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history...
  7. Can’t log in, “The user’s password must be changed before signing in.”

Can’t log in, “The user’s password must be changed before signing in.”: I get the above prompt when trying to sign in. I’ve tried various solutions online. When I just leave the password blank and press “enter”, I get “Unable to update the password. The value provided for the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history...
  8. the users password must be changed before signing in no password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the users password must be changed before signing in no password: https://imgur.com/a/KJjh6qB I'm currently encountering this problem However when i put a password of the email in order to change it it doesn't work submitted by /u/_mkrfs [link] [comments]...
  9. The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The User’s password must be changed before signing in....: Hello, Recently I restored my pc through Dell's software. After the restore, every time I login I get the error: The User’s password must be changed before signing in.... I put in the same password and it's all good. Why is this happening? Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS...
  10. The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The User’s password must be changed before signing in....: Hi, i am running windows 10 and have just had to delete and re-install my work email on 365 as my 6 monthly password needed changing and it kept saying I couldnt connect to the internet to change itfor some reason. Uninstalling and reinstalling it worked, but when I tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the users password must be changed create a password and reset disk

2. המחב ננעל the users password must be changed before sighning on

3. the users password must be changed

4. what is tje purpose why a new users password must change before signing in