Windows 10: The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

Discus and support The User’s password must be changed before signing in.... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I restored my pc through Dell's software. After the restore, every time I login I get the error: The User’s password must be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Athina Petridou, May 24, 2019.

1. The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

Hello,

Recently I restored my pc through Dell's software.

After the restore, every time I login I get the error: The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

I put in the same password and it's all good.

Why is this happening?

Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.529)

I tried to do this I found on another question:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type lusrmgr.msc and press Enter.
    2. Click on Users, right-click on your OEM administrator account and select Properties.
    3. Uncheck the box for User must change password at next logon. Click on Apply and OK to save changes.
    • It would be best if you can also send me a screenshot of the said issue.

But it didnt help because I am getting this instead:

The User’s password must be changed before signing in.... 017199e9-6b39-47f2-b60e-617d863022d8?upload=true.png

Can you help me?

:)

Athina Petridou, May 24, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 24, 2019
  3. The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

Hello David,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Have you tried disabling the User must change password at next logon for your OEM administrator account? If not, refer to the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type lusrmgr.msc and press
      Enter.
    2. Click on Users, right-click on your OEM administrator account and select
      Properties.
    3. Uncheck the box for User must change password at next logon. Click on
      Apply and OK to save changes.
    • It would be best if you can also send me a screenshot of the said issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 24, 2019
  4. OKCarl Win User

The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me my email password is the same as my log on / sign in password) Suggestions? Advice?

OKCarl, May 24, 2019
Thema:

The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

1. The User’s password must be changed before signing in.... - Similar Threads - User’s password must

2. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: This is on my work laptop which authenticates through the company domain. Windows Hello fingerprint authentication was working fine. i then changed my password on the domain (not through windows) and ever since the Windows Hello authentication gives me the message Your...
  3. user standar to user administrator where that changed before from standar to user

user standar to user administrator where that changed before from standar to user: how i can i get the solution i want to change my user standar to user administrator where that changed before/yesterday from standar to user...
  4. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: I recently started using a USB fingerprint scanner on a Windows10 workgroup computer with local accounts. I configured the fingerprint and it worked, at some point I renamed the account using wmic (wmic useraccount where name='currentname' rename newname), I also changed the...
  5. Requesting user password change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requesting user password change: Turned on my computer today and on the first screen it says that the user's password must be changed before signing in. It has never happened before. What password? I've even tried system restore but getting nowhere! Help, I need my computer for the weekend! Rob...
  6. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: I can not log in, I get the message "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello." Microsoft, please, repair your authentication protocol. It is unacceptable and...
  7. signing on with administrator user name & password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    signing on with administrator user name & password: always signed in with Microsoft account & password next am after upgrade to windows 10 version 1803 I had an administrator account on the opening page. I signed in with MS account. Anything I wanted to do or change went to the sign in with administrator account with...
  8. Windows SIGN-IN issues: Changing Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows SIGN-IN issues: Changing Password: I've attempted to do this THREE times over the last three days and I get the same message! I want to CHANGE my password for Windows Sign-In. I've gone to Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options>Password>Change...when prompted I.. Entered my Windows PIN for verification......
  9. The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The User’s password must be changed before signing in....: Hi, i am running windows 10 and have just had to delete and re-install my work email on 365 as my 6 monthly password needed changing and it kept saying I couldnt connect to the internet to change itfor some reason. Uninstalling and reinstalling it worked, but when I tried to...
  10. Must restart before I can log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Must restart before I can log on: Hello, This is not an urgent, "my computer is broken" sort of thing, but rather a "this annoys the crap out of me" sort of thing. SO, it's simple: every time I turn on my computer, I must restart it exactly one time before I can log on. This includes when my computer...