Windows 10: The usual Start Search button problems

Discus and support The usual Start Search button problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am really getting pissed off with Windows now. I have an old laptop running Windows 8.1. I replaced it with a new laptop running Windows 11, then put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by roneccles, Mar 21, 2023.

1. roneccles Win User

The usual Start Search button problems

I am really getting pissed off with Windows now. I have an old laptop running Windows 8.1. I replaced it with a new laptop running Windows 11, then put Windows 10 on my old laptop. Nothing but trouble since then, with both laptops. Both have trouble with the Start and Search buttons not working. Nothing you suggest cures the problem. The only way to fix it on my Windows 10 was to reinstall W10 and lose all the programs and non windows app's. Thanks very much.This morning the same problem starts on my new W11 laptop. I have tried all the usual, but nothing. I suppose I am now going to have to l

:)

roneccles, Mar 21, 2023

2. Start button and search bar not working

Problem that start button and search do not work has NOT been resolved. I have tried the steps suggested in previous answers but this has not worked. Altogether very frustrating and a big turn off to my opinion of Windows 10. HELP!

Original Title: MikeKetley

MichaelKetley, Mar 21, 2023
  3. weybrew Win User
    Windows 10 START and SEARCH buttons don't work

For some reason both my main Windows button and Search buttons don't work. Other buttons on the Task Bar work as usual. Right click on either button gives a white-on-black context menu. Anyone have a suggestion, please?

weybrew, Mar 21, 2023
  4. The usual Start Search button problems

Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

The usual Start Search button problems

1. The usual Start Search button problems - Similar Threads - usual Start Search

2. The usual Start Search button problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The usual Start Search button problems: I am really getting pissed off with Windows now. I have an old laptop running Windows 8.1. I replaced it with a new laptop running Windows 11, then put Windows 10 on my old laptop. Nothing but trouble since then, with both laptops. Both have trouble with the Start and Search...
  3. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  4. start button, search button not working

start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  5. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  7. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

8. Start button + search unwanted

in Cortana
    Start button + search unwanted: Hi Allo when I click on a button Start I alwalys have a search windows active and I am not ablte to close it! Thanks for your help. Regards JohnBi [ATTACH]...
  9. Start Button Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button Search: As of this morning, none of my computers laptop and desktop and tablet will produce search results when clicking START >> then typing something. It worked yesterday. Thus clicking START > Word produces nothing. The START button works, otherwise. I did rebuild the index....
  10. Start button search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search broken?: When I click on the Start button and type control panel, I'm sitting under Bing search which is definitely now what I want. What I expect is for this to work like it use to where it should bring Control Panel to the top left pane so I can select it to open Control panel....