Windows 10: The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared...

Discus and support The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The v.2004 is on its way message has just disappeared from the WU page in Settings. My system is paused. If the FU to v.2004 was finally available,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jamis, Aug 14, 2020.

1. jamis Win User

The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared...

The v.2004 is on its way message has just disappeared from the WU page in Settings. My system is paused. If the FU to v.2004 was finally available, shouldnt there be an option to do the update, or will it show up if I unpause the system? Not doing anything until I get a system image done, which I will do after tonights scheduled full system AV scan.

:)

jamis, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Perf-TO Win User

Blue Screen after upgraded to V.2004

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

• I could not find the *dump files, I don't think I enable it,
    • I will work on the MSinfo file and the Specc files when I have more time in hand.
    Questions:-

• you're suggesting that I should install the V.2004 and let it crash (if it'll crash)?
    • since there is no .dump file exist (or I couldn't find one), the troubleshooting still good just using the MSinfo and the Specc files that reflects my current system state (V.1909)?
    Thanks again!

-Al

Perf-TO, Aug 14, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Not ready for 2004 update message

I'm showing a message that my system is not ready for the 2004 update (has to be software as I dual boot with the Insider versions and have the current version). It shows a click to link to "Learn More". I clicked on the link and there's a lot of info listed but nothing to say what my specific system problem is. The "learn more" is useless. Since it detected an issue it should list what the issue is.

The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared... [​IMG]

fireberd, Aug 14, 2020
  4. The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared...

Change of message on Windows Update as regards 2004

I would suggest reading the list of Known Issues.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...indows-10-2004

I was able to force install it in early June, and I tested it for a couple days before rolling back to 1909.

Microsoft apparently has now decided to block force installs.

OldNavyGuy, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared...

1. The “v.2004 is on its way” message has disappeared... - Similar Threads - “v 2004 way”

2. v.2004 CU & v.20H2 FU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    v.2004 CU & v.20H2 FU: Not a problem or question, but today, I unpaused WU and let it run updates. The CU KB5001330 for v.2004 took 2 hours to run and complete. No problems, nor errors. I followed this with the FU to v.20H2, also from WU. The FU took 25 minutes. I know 20H2 isn't much of an update,...
  3. reset has not completed on wndows 10 v 2004 pc yet pc has restarted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset has not completed on wndows 10 v 2004 pc yet pc has restarted.: Reset of this pc began at 5:00pm and was at 88% complete when suddenly the sign-n page appeared with no notification that reset was complete After waiting about 20-25 minutes I signed in as usual, but it seems obvious that reset process was not complete, no toolbar,...
  4. Is there any way to remove DWM.exe, or remove the V-Sync it has on it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to remove DWM.exe, or remove the V-Sync it has on it?: I don't care how jank the solution is, whether it involves a custom toolbar application, or whatever. Is there any way at all to remove the DWM.exe process, or the V-Sync caused by this process at all in Windows 10? I know it's heavily baked into the OS, but I'm perfectly...
  5. Preferred screen resolution has gone after the update v.2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preferred screen resolution has gone after the update v.2004: I've been using 1440x810 (16:9) in some "heavy" games. It was available by default, this night I rolled the update 2004 and that screen resolution is gone now. Now there's available only 1440x900 which is 16:10 and not 16:9. That's a huge issue for me. I'm thinking to it...
  6. Is there a way to adjust the 2nd monitor brightness in Windows 10, V. 2004?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to adjust the 2nd monitor brightness in Windows 10, V. 2004?: Currently, there is no way to adjustment the 2nd monitor from Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-adjust-the-2nd-monitor/7b4b8ecc-0acd-4de9-a45e-5411baa1c4af
  7. Getting the message on start tiles "A great app is on its way!" Even though it has already...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting the message on start tiles "A great app is on its way!" Even though it has already...: It all started when I tried resetting the Start Menu via a registry modification. Little did I know that that message would appear when I did it. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? Notice: Make sure to show me a Youtube video on how to fix this....
  8. 2004 Update Has New Message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2004 Update Has New Message: After checking for the 2004 update for several weeks and getting the message that my computer was not ready for it and there was noting I needed to do at this time, I suddenly got a new message: "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once its ready for your device,...
  9. windows 10 V 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 V 2004: Hi everyone have just bought and installed a brand new ssd drive in my PC, i had earlier downloaded the latest windows 10 v 2004 onto a USB drive which i then installed onto the new ssd drive, it installed beautifully and smooth no problems whatsoever, however i have noticed...
  10. The update to v. 1909 has disappeared from my update screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The update to v. 1909 has disappeared from my update screen: I recently reset my computer and when I updated, it only updated to v. 1903. The update to 1909 was on the update screen, but I didn't do it right away, and now it's gone. I've read this may have to do with a compatibility problem, but if so, why was it there in the first...