Windows 10: The V2 Log collector is triggering my antivirus

Discus and support The V2 Log collector is triggering my antivirus in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using Bitdefender. It kept blocking the log collector when I ran it. Eventually, it found a .cab file in my temp files that it did not like, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bcgirton, Aug 1, 2019.

1. bcgirton Win User

The V2 Log collector is triggering my antivirus

I'm using Bitdefender. It kept blocking the log collector when I ran it. Eventually, it found a .cab file in my temp files that it did not like, and quarantined it, describing the nature of the threat as "Atc4.Detection". Any thoughts?

Update: Attached output of DM Log Collector

:)

bcgirton, Aug 1, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Log Collector

I'm glad you are restoring back to before. Next step. IMO, would be to wait for zbook to take a look at the logs you post. He's a crackerjack at analyzing it. *Wink

f14tomcat, Aug 1, 2019
  3. Ztruker Win User
    BETA Log Collector is not working

Laurin, try right clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator. See if that makes a difference.

Where did you download the log collector v2-beta17.zip file to?

Ztruker, Aug 1, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Log Collector

The logs will be scanned and read.
    Depending upon what is seen in the logs will determine the next step.

zbook, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

1. The V2 Log collector is triggering my antivirus - Similar Threads - Log collector triggering

2. Windows 11 random crash most often without BSOD, sometimes with it - V2 Log Collector included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 random crash most often without BSOD, sometimes with it - V2 Log Collector included: Hi,I recently built a new computer and have been experiencing random crash when browsing the web, taking notes, gaming, etc. I have no idea where to start to solve these crashes... I tried disabling AMD Expo. I tried to downgrade the AMD Adrenaline drivers following some...
  3. Windows 11 random crash most often without BSOD, sometimes with it - V2 Log Collector included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 random crash most often without BSOD, sometimes with it - V2 Log Collector included: Hi,I recently built a new computer and have been experiencing random crash when browsing the web, taking notes, gaming, etc. I have no idea where to start to solve these crashes... I tried disabling AMD Expo. I tried to downgrade the AMD Adrenaline drivers following some...
  4. flashpoint triggers antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    flashpoint triggers antivirus: I use an antivirus called webroot and when i was downloading flashpoint from this website https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/downloads/ it started saying it was a virus. Is it actually a virus or is it just a false positive and if it's possible can I know why it thinks its a...
  5. BSOD V2 Collector Zip File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD V2 Collector Zip File: Hi I am new here! I have run into 2 BSODs over the last few days... The last one was a WHEA uncorrectable error before booting into windows and the first was a Kernel error. I cannot seem to figure out the issue. I have run all Windows Diagnostics I can think of. Here is...
  6. BETA Log Collector is not working

BETA Log Collector is not working: I downloaded the files, extracted them and and tried to open the file log-collector.ink as explained in this post: BSOD - Posting Instructions but about 2 seconds after I opened the file it closes itself and I cant interact with it at all. how do i troubleshoot it? 129714
  7. BETA Log Collector upload for slow boot troubleshooting

BETA Log Collector upload for slow boot troubleshooting: I have the latest version of windows 10 dual boot with ubuntu budgie and have been noticing slow boots. Yes, I've disabled fastboot, but I don't think that's the issue because when I had windows dual boot setup w/ linux mint for the first time on an older version of windows...
  8. Troubleshooting the BETA log collector (extract > open)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting the BETA log collector (extract > open): In the BSOD forum there are two log collectors: DM and BETA BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums In the VIP forum there is a thread for Improving the Log Collection Script. Improving the Log Collection Script There is a new version of the BETA log collector that...
  9. Cannot run DM log Collector Tool

Cannot run DM log Collector Tool: Hi I have had a BSOD and want to run the DM Log Collector tool as instructed in the BSOD forum, so I can post on that forum, however when I try to run the tool I get this message "This app can't run on your PC. (see attached Picture) Any ideas what I am doing wrong....
  10. Log Collector Fails

Log Collector Fails: Hello! When I run the log collector and press a key when it says to, a command prompt appears but almost instantly disappears as a bunch of lines quickly flash by. After, there is a folder on my desktop called TF debug files but it is full of empty text files. A text file...