Windows 10: The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted

Discus and support The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you see The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be […] This article The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 19, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted

WinClub, Feb 19, 2021
  2. TF_91 Win User

how do I disable driver signature enforcement win W10 preview?

This was almost eureka for me until the second step. I get a response saying the value is protected by secure boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted. Anyone else run into this or know where to go after?

TF_91, Feb 19, 2021
  3. No Security tab on folders and a missing group policy editor

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

As per the description, you want to enable Security tab on folders. I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    • Now go to following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoSecurityTab and set its value to
    0. It'll immediately add "Security" tab for all files and folders properties window. If it doesn't add the tab, you can log off, restart your system and check.

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 19, 2021
  4. The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted

disable driver signature enforcement

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately did not work.
    Message returned: "The value is protected by secure boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted."

barbarakari, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted

1. The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted - Similar Threads - value protected Secure

2. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  3. Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are modified registry values reflected in gpedit?: Per https://github.com/Fleex255/PolicyPlus/issues/46#issuecomment-1557005463:Some group policies have multiple registry entries associated with them, and while editing group policies edits the registry values, I don't believe that the reverse is true, so you lose track of...
  4. Change bitlocker secure boot policy

Change bitlocker secure boot policy: Hi,I currently have Windows 11 Pro with BitLocker enabled and requiring a key/passcode on boot.Now I frequently want to boot my laptop from PXE over the network and to do this I need to keep turning off secure boot. If I turn off secure boot I can't then re-boot back into...
  5. Change bitlocker secure boot policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change bitlocker secure boot policy: Hi,I currently have Windows 11 Pro with BitLocker enabled and requiring a key/passcode on boot.Now I frequently want to boot my laptop from PXE over the network and to do this I need to keep turning off secure boot. If I turn off secure boot I can't then re-boot back into...
  6. Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...: I am attempting to monitor the status of SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege and SeEnableDelegationPrivilege to determine if they have been updated/changed. When doing so, this configuration file doesn't seem to update. Are there any other locations where a variable would affect "Force...
  7. Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...

Local Security Policies, System Group Policy Objects, and Active Directory values not...: I am attempting to monitor the status of SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege and SeEnableDelegationPrivilege to determine if they have been updated/changed. When doing so, this configuration file doesn't seem to update. Are there any other locations where a variable would affect "Force...
  8. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor: Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this: [ATTACH] It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help! Thanks for the answers!...
  9. Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot modify ImagePath value data from Registry Editor: Hello! I'm trying to edit a registry key but it keeps having an error that says: [ATTACH] I tried changing permissions, it now looks like this: [ATTACH] It's still not working. I don't know what else to do. Help! Thanks for the answers!...
  10. Cannot delete or modify an application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or modify an application: Somehow an app called "Chromium" and another called "Avast Free Antivirus" got downloaded on my computer. I cannot uninstall the applications or even put them in the trash bin. I have tried using the chat feature to talk to IT and they have took remote access of my computer 3...