Windows 10: The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great

Discus and support The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What could be possibly going wrong?One laptop is a Dell from the company I work for speeds are high, more than 100Mbps download. It must be a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas Jr, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Thomas Jr Win User

The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great

What could be possibly going wrong?One laptop is a Dell from the company I work for speeds are high, more than 100Mbps download. It must be a new laptop, it has windows 10.On the other hand, my personal laptop is a HP, bought in 2016, and it also has windows 10, all the latest updates. I tend to customize the computer a lot and may have disabled services, etc., to make it as light and fast as possible.I wonder if the difference in speed is the hardware. Or could it be the software? While I'm sure I don't have all the services enabled in my personal computer as on my corporate computer which

:)

Thomas Jr, Jan 30, 2022

2. e61i slow wifi

Hello,

I have an e61i and the wifi works but the download is slow. I compare it with a laptop connected to the same wifi access point and the laptop is about 10x faster at least. Any suggestions? phone is new so it has relatively latest software. thanks for any suggestions.

Daniel

laboheme---01, Jan 30, 2022
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Jan 30, 2022
  4. The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great

Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jan 30, 2022
Thema:

The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great

1. The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great - Similar Threads - very same wifi

2. wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi is very slow: wifi is very slow when i plug in my charger on my laptop. All other devises work well with this wifi. This happened after I updated windows from prior version to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-very-slow/d6c5861d-f0b2-4773-b461-adcc71641692
  3. wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi is very slow: wifi is very slow when i plug in my charger on my laptop. All other devises work well with this wifi. This happened after I updated windows from prior version to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-very-slow/d6c5861d-f0b2-4773-b461-adcc71641692
  4. Slow Internet on computer, but when the same WiFi connection is shattered to another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet on computer, but when the same WiFi connection is shattered to another...: I'm running windows 10 on my main PC, I have a fiber connection with 1 gigabit speeds. All my other PCs are getting 300-400 mbps except my main one, which is getting 5-10mbps. I have tried swapping the network cards and using Ethernet but it still won't get any higher speeds....
  5. Slow Internet on computer, but when the same WiFi connection is shattered to another...

Slow Internet on computer, but when the same WiFi connection is shattered to another...: I'm running windows 10 on my main PC, I have a fiber connection with 1 gigabit speeds. All my other PCs are getting 300-400 mbps except my main one, which is getting 5-10mbps. I have tried swapping the network cards and using Ethernet but it still won't get any higher speeds....
  6. Slow Internet on computer, but when the same WiFi connection is shattered to another...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great: What could be possibly going wrong?One laptop is a Dell from the company I work for speeds are high, more than 100Mbps download. It must be a new laptop, it has windows 10.On the other hand, my personal laptop is a HP, bought in 2016, and it also has windows 10, all the...
  8. The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great

The very same wifi connection, but on one laptop it's slow and on another it's great: What could be possibly going wrong?One laptop is a Dell from the company I work for speeds are high, more than 100Mbps download. It must be a new laptop, it has windows 10.On the other hand, my personal laptop is a HP, bought in 2016, and it also has windows 10, all the...
  9. Connection to Site is Very Very Slow / has any one experienced this?

Connection to Site is Very Very Slow / has any one experienced this?: The last 2 hours or so it has been very hard to connect to the site has any one experienced this ? 146033
  10. I would like to share files on one laptop, with another laptop connected to the same wifi...

I would like to share files on one laptop, with another laptop connected to the same wifi...: with the elimination of the Homegroup feature, a ton of how-to's on this topic have become outdated, hence my question here... Scenario Several friends have come to my home for a LAN party, we're all connected to the same wifi router, and I'd like to share some files to a...