Windows 10: The Videos Shortcut on my Windows drive has my appdata and all of my shortcuts inside it

Discus and support The Videos Shortcut on my Windows drive has my appdata and all of my shortcuts inside it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I installed windows on my new SSD a couple of months back, I don't know what happened but for some reason the videos shortcut has my appdata and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by uhm Evade, Oct 19, 2019.

1. uhm Evade Win User

The Videos Shortcut on my Windows drive has my appdata and all of my shortcuts inside it

When I installed windows on my new SSD a couple of months back, I don't know what happened but for some reason the videos shortcut has my appdata and a bunch of other stuff inside of it. It's hard to explain so I'll post a screenshot here. Anyway to fix the directories to get it back to regular and where everything is supposed to be. The Videos Shortcut on my Windows drive has my appdata and all of my shortcuts inside it 823ba95f-a07f-48e1-9ea5-5421a1fbff51?upload=true.png

:)

uhm Evade, Oct 19, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Shortcut problems

looots of questions: no, they worked normally and then it screwed up after a BSOD.

Shortcuts THEMSELVES work, its merely that say... right clicking, choosing new -> shortcut doesnt. thats how i make them, so its driving me nuts that it doesnt work.

I'm not really interested in other methods, i can do those - its just the new->shortcut menu problem.

i dont mean websites, i mean shortcuts to anything - i MAKE the shortcuts via this method, so its P*ssing me off that i have to do it alternative ways.

Mussels, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows Shortcut Arrow Editor

And here's how to Remove "Shortcut" Text From New Shortcuts

Open up regedit, and then browse down to the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

On the right-hand side you’ll find a key that is just called “link”, with a default value of 1e 00 00 00. Open this key up and change the 1e to 00 instead, leaving you with 00 00 00 00.

You’ll have to log off and then back on to make this change take effect. Please note that this won’t affect existing shortcuts, only shortcuts that you create from now on.

The Videos Shortcut on my Windows drive has my appdata and all of my shortcuts inside it image136.png

Drone, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

The Videos Shortcut on my Windows drive has my appdata and all of my shortcuts inside it

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

1. The Videos Shortcut on my Windows drive has my appdata and all of my shortcuts inside it - Similar Threads - Videos Shortcut drive

2. Why has my keyboard shortcuts changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my keyboard shortcuts changed?: I have a ThinkPad X1 Yoga 1st Gen. It uses an Intel Core-i7 6600U. I upgraded to Windows 11 using a trick which upgrades to Windows 11 and also bypasses everything. But my Alt+F4 has been affected by this. This function is now done by a much longer keyboard shortcut,...
  3. Why has my keyboard shortcuts changed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my keyboard shortcuts changed?: I have a ThinkPad X1 Yoga 1st Gen. It uses an Intel Core-i7 6600U. I upgraded to Windows 11 using a trick which upgrades to Windows 11 and also bypasses everything. But my Alt+F4 has been affected by this. This function is now done by a much longer keyboard shortcut,...
  4. Why has One Drive removed all my files and left a shortcut?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why has One Drive removed all my files and left a shortcut?!: Why has One Drive removed all my files and left a shortcut saying 'where are all my files'?! Can someone please help me with this? Until yesterday I had my system for years how I wanted it. Why has One Drive decided to remove all my files from my PC and place them in the...
  5. All my keys act as shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All my keys act as shortcuts: Hi all, I had updated the windows yesterday, but after the update i am not able to ise the keyboard. All the keys are acting as a shortcut. When i press A the action bar opens up like that. I tried reinstalling the drivers but that didn't help. Tried the keyboard...
  6. Create my own shortcut of shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create my own shortcut of shortcuts: Hi! Due COVID-19 I am working remote right now and I'm using Remote Desktop Connection app. My problem is that sometimes I want to change fast between the PC from my job and my personal. I am doing that using CTRL + ALT + HOME and WIN + D which is pretty annoying for me. I...
  7. All of my Shortcuts are blocked by "The Administrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    All of my Shortcuts are blocked by "The Administrator": Something I have done or installed has created a very strange situation on my PC (Windows 10 Pro x64). All of my programs will run as normal if I select / click on them. However, if I click on a Shortcut to that same program I get an error message as follows ... "Your...
  8. Shortcut for "My computer"

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut for "My computer": Hi, for Explorer I found "WIN+E". But for "My Computer" (the one that shows C: D: etc.), what is the shortcut? Thanks! 84353
  9. Fonts shortcut has appeared on my desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts shortcut has appeared on my desktop...: ...and I dont know why. Recently I bought a Canon scanner and installed the software but I didnt notice this shortcut then. I have also deleted Skydrive as Windows quite recently created a Onedrive folder with a copy of all the contents of skydrive in it so I deleted that....
  10. All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    All my Icons/shortcuts Are Blank: for some reason all my Icons for everything but folders have gone blank I can't seem to get them back. As well as all my file and program associations have eather reset and ask me what programs I want to use a default and when I reassign them the next time I go to open a file...