Windows 10: the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...

Discus and support the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when i used to run the quick scan it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by curtvan, Jul 23, 2022.

1. curtvan Win User

the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...

Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when i used to run the quick scan it would complete the scan it would say 25000 to 35000 files scanned and nothing found. . I think i have a virus because i get emals from microsoft saying someone in russia is trying to log in to my email account. the email looks like its from microsoft this is the email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. so when i click report now and a page opens up to a site that uses a gmail. so i closed it fast. and i just noticed it says im using firefox but i use edge. and say

:)

curtvan, Jul 23, 2022
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

3. Virus And Threat Protection Won't Scan For Viruses And Threats

Im having a problem on my windows 10. The problem is my "Virus And Threat Protection" wont scan for viruses and threats. I keep tapping Quick Scan,Full Scan,Custom Scan and it doesn't even do anything and it just say's

"No current threats."

"Last scan: Not available"

But "Windows Defender Offline Scan" still works. I dont know if you need to update it or something more problematic

Please help me. This operating system is the only thing that makes me feel like "HOME"
    the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files... 21c7548e-aab7-48e1-83a5-00ff47acd749?upload=true.png

Mark ChristianGabriel, Jul 23, 2022
  4. JMUDoc Win User

the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...

Virus scan options missing - quick scan only, advanced scan crashes

Title pretty much says it all - my Windows Defender "Virus & threat protection" window shows only the "scan now" button with no quick/full/custom options. See screenshot.

the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files... [​IMG]

In addition, clicking "Run a new advanced scan" causes a brief wait-pointer before the window simply closes.

Is there a way to restore access to the scan options?

Many thanks,

Mark A.

JMUDoc, Jul 23, 2022
Thema:

1. the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files... - Similar Threads - virus threat protection

2. the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...: Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when i used to run the quick scan it would complete the scan it would say 25000 to 35000 files scanned and nothing found. . I think i have a virus because i get emals from...
  3. my quick scan or full scan will stop after checking like 3000 files then it gets stuck

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my quick scan or full scan will stop after checking like 3000 files then it gets stuck: Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when it used to complete the scan it would say 25000 to 35000 files scanned and nothing found. . I think i have a virus because i get emals from microsoft saying someone in...
  4. virus threat protection shows quick scan due

virus threat protection shows quick scan due: Hi my computer is showing virus threat protection shows quick scan due.when i click on scan now it keep running th scan but it never stops.I am still in s mode.how to solve this?thank youregards,...
  5. Virus & Threat protection scans not working

Virus & Threat protection scans not working: Hi, so I recently had the winrmsrv.exe virus and I quarantined it with Malwarebytes. I am not able to complete any SFC or DISM scans I do not really know what those are but they were suggested as a fix for the Virus & threat protection issue. I am wondering if there is any...
  6. Quick scan due error on Virus and Threat Protection

Quick scan due error on Virus and Threat Protection: Hi! I cannot run quick scan on my virus and threat protection. I don't know what to do. There's an error with quick scan due. What do I need to do? Btw, I'm using S mode....
  7. Virus and threat quick scan

Virus and threat quick scan: I get repeated requests to initiate this scan, When I do it takes me to the defender page and there is a red cross against the quick scan symbol. Something appears to be happening- but it never seems to end. Is this all normal or how do I fix it? It did briefly clear when...
  8. Virus And Threat Protection Won't Scan For Viruses And Threats

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus And Threat Protection Won't Scan For Viruses And Threats: Im having a problem on my windows 10. The problem is my "Virus And Threat Protection" wont scan for viruses and threats. I keep tapping Quick Scan,Full Scan,Custom Scan and it doesn't even do anything and it just say's "No current threats." "Last scan: Not available" But...
  9. Virus threat and protection updates never stops scanning. Help.

Virus threat and protection updates never stops scanning. Help.: Virus threat and protection updates never stops scanning. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-and-protection-updates-never-stops/2f3b957a-da6d-4558-8656-b80bda2e63b1
  10. When I run a quick scan or full scan on my defender virus protection, the scan locks up at...

When I run a quick scan or full scan on my defender virus protection, the scan locks up at...: After the scan locks up, I can only hit cancel to end the scan. This makes the computer work at a snails pace until I run the custom scan. This then allows me to turn the computer off. When I turn the computer back on, it runs slower than normal, and the mute button works...